Amplitude is the pioneer in digital optimization software. More than 1,400 customers, including Atlassian, Instacart, NBCUniversal, Shopify, and Under Armour rely on Amplitude to power their digital products. Amplitude makes product data accessible to every member of an organization, empowering them to make data-driven decisions that fuel faster product innovation and growth. As an organization, we approach challenges with humility, take ownership of our contributions, and embrace a growth mindset that pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers and partners.
Amplitude’s Commitment to Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI): Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.
About The Role & Team
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
Amplitude is seeking a strong senior revenue accountant with a positive attitude and affinity for process improvement within a fast-paced organization. This role will work closely with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate recording and reporting of revenue. This role will have a dual focus on (1) upstream process efficiency within the quote to cash process and (2) streamlining our revenue recognition process through automation and operational improvements to further scale the business. The ideal candidate will have a combination of both operational and technical accounting experience.
As the Senior Revenue Accountant, your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Strong operational expertise to help maintain and streamline the close process for the revenue team
- Ability to apply critical thinking and flexibility in advising key stakeholders (sales, legal, deal desk, FP&A) within the framework of ASC 606
- Perform contract review analysis for standard and non-standard deals to ensure proper Subscription and PS revenue recognition in accordance with ASC606 and company policy
- Ownership of reconciliations and other processes within the worldwide revenue close cycle
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of key revenue data
- Work collaboratively to ensure all fully executed agreements are properly processed and accounted for.
- Collaborate with Deal Desk and Legal to drive improvements in the contract management process.
- Lead and assist with other special projects as needed; drive projects to successful completion
- Strong accountability and detail oriented; prepares accurate and timely work product
- Ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Ability to convey and present information to a wide range of audience including cross-functional partners and executive leadership
- Ability to effectively manage multiple workflows and provide timely feedback and input while keeping management aware of key issues.
- Prepare support for audit requests
- Participate in system enhancement projects to streamline the order to cash process
- Ad hoc requests as needed
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Technical revenue recognition experience - particularly 606 SaaS revenue recognition
- Operational experience with the order to cash process, preferably at a SaaS company
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, and communication skills
- High levels of responsiveness and organizational skills
- Built and managed a team in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think on your feet and problem solve
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend.
The Product: Amplitude is a Digital Optimization System– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Amplitude is a tech company to bet your career on in 2021, according to Business Insider.
- Amplitude went public via a direct listing in September 2021 and is now trading under the ticker AMPL.
- Amplitude is the #1 product analytics solution according to G2.
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Benchmark Capital, Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- We’re a global and fast-growing team! We’ve hired more than 300 people in 2021 and have operations in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.