About The Role & Team
As the Revenue Accounting Manager at Amplitude, you will oversee the global order to cash process, responsible for revenue recognition and reporting under ASC 606 in addition to Accounts Receivable, Billing, and Collections. Under your technical accounting guidance and revenue expertise, you will partner closely with Deal Desk to review and assess non-standard contracts, translating technical accounting requirements to real-life scenarios. You enjoy leading a team, building new processes that will scale and do not shy away from challenges.
As the Revenue Accounting Manager, you will:
- Lead the revenue close activities, including the evaluation, approval, and processing of non-standard contracts for revenue implications
- Build scalable revenue operations and improve our day-to-day processes and systems, including Salesforce and Netsuite
- Interface with deal desk, legal, finance, account executives, and customer success when needed
- Oversee reconciliation revenue, billings and deferred revenue
- Participate in the financial statement close process by reviewing revenue related journal entries
- Define, document, and communicate revenue recognition policies and procedures
You'll be a great addition to the team if you have:
- Technical revenue recognition experience and a background in technical accounting
- Operational experience with the order to cash process
- Excellent analytical, collaboration, and communication skills
- Built and managed a team in a fast-paced environment
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.