About The Role & Team
As a key member of the Growth team you will help the Product Development organization develop features that will help our customers to understand the relationships between user behaviors and valuable outcomes (i.e. Retention, Conversion, Stickiness, etc.).
We want to build our expertise in sophisticated analysis in order to provide customers with valuable and powerful tools. These features significantly contribute to our competitive advantage and perception as Trusted Experts, differentiating us in the field of Product Analytics. We need someone with a rock-solid foundation in these methods, and with enough experience where they can contribute almost immediately simply by knowing which techniques are appropriate to apply given customers analysis needs.
In this role you will be providing expert guidance on causal inference and generalizable data-mining techniques to extract actionable insights for generating and validating causal hypotheses and identifying user personas, their respective behavioral patterns, and measuring the importance/ significance of differences between their behaviors and characteristics
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will
- advise the PD team in building experiment evaluation features.
- prototype predictive methods to power predictive features that enable customers to act on their users’ likelihood to convert, churn, etc.
- partner with product managers, designers, and engineers to prototype and productionize data mining features that reveal interpretable and actionable information about product usage
- advise on best practices and statistical methods for measuring and evaluating experiments
- build and test predictive systems for calculating user propensity traits (e.g. likelihood to perform a given action, churn, lifetime value, etc.)
- contribute thought leadership to the community by helping to create external-facing guides, blog posts, and explanatory materials on (1) advanced data-mining techniques such as clustering, correlation/ regression, and predictive analytics, and (2) designing, measuring, and judging product experiments
You'll be a great addition to the team if
- you have 5+ years in industry in a product data science role with proven track record of causal inference, experiment evaluation, and modeling projects
- you have Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods
- your programming skills in Python or R are strong
- you have experience as a project lead on a data product
- your background includes experience with a distributed data processing technology (Spark, Hive, Pig, Presto, Impala, etc.) is a plus
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is the world's #1 product intelligence platform– we empower teams to use customer data to build great product experiences for growth. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, Peloton, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Austin, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.