WHY JOIN ALO?
Mindful movement. It’s at the core of why we do what we do at Alo—it’s our calling. Because mindful movement in the studio leads to better living. It changes who yogis are off the mat, making their lives and their communities better. That’s the real meaning of studio-to-street: taking the consciousness from practice on the mat and putting it into practice in life.
We are so inspired by the people we surround ourselves with and we aspire to have the same be true for them. That’s why we work to make the Alo culture authentic to a yoga lifestyle —Our office is located in the heart of Beverly Hills in close proximity to shops and restaurants. Our building was designed by world-renown architect I.M. Pei — there’s plenty of natural light, open space with a co-working vibe, an in-building gym, calming yoga and meditation studio and an indoor tree spanning 3 floors.
This position provides relevant information and analytical support to ensure (1) that the company is in compliance with domestic and international tax rules and (2) that finance department initiatives are being completed successfully within a reasonable timeframe.
- Responsible for gathering information required for routine and adhoc international and domestic tax compliance requirements and company initiatives.
- Coordinates and assists in the resolution of tax issues.
- Maintains and manages online access in states, countries and jurisdictions where the company has compliance requirements.
- Resolves issues from mailed-in and online correspondences from various taxing agencies.
- Calculates and supports all tax accruals during period close utilizing available reports. Ensures that assigned GL accounts are accurate and properly maintained on a monthly basis. Collaborates with IT to create new reports or update existing ones where needed.
- Performs period-end GL reconciliation and data manipulation to effectively and efficiently track liability by state, by country or any jurisdiction.
- Works with the accounting & finance team to gather & analyze entity-level financial data to support the creation of all types of tax compliance documents.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience performing data manipulation, business intelligence and analysis.
- Must have advanced excel and data presentation skills. Proficiency in MS Word & PowerPoint is a plus.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong GL-reconciliation skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, team player, highly dependable and have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Tax Accounting & Avalara experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Accounting is preferred.
JUST SOME OF THE PERKS
- Generous employee discount for Bella+Canvas, Alo Yoga, and free membership to Alo Moves, with access to hundreds of streaming fitness and yoga classes with top instructors
- Competitive medical, dental and vision plan options, and enhanced additional benefits such as free virtual access to mental health providers and new parent support for employees and dependents
- 401K with company matching
- Free treats, all day, every day! Stay fueled with complimentary cold brew, kombucha, and healthy snacks.
- Daily yoga classes at HQ taught by some of the best yogis in the world in addition to an onsite gym equipped with best-in-class equipment
- Free yoga classes at any of our Sanctuaries
- Dog friends welcome at HQ!
I confirm that I have read and understood the Notice For Job Applicants, and by submission of my application I consent to and acknowledge the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in the manner as set out in the Notice.