Airtable’s mission is to democratize software creation. Our suite of powerful, flexible, visual tools gives teams the ability to create software unique tailored to their workflows without using code.
We’re looking for an experienced localization manager to enable Airtable’s internationalization strategy, making our product accessible in multiple markets and delighting our global customer base. This role will be our first localization hire, and will be responsible for defining and building out our localization function.
This role also includes the planning and execution of localization projects, ranging from managing critical components of the language localization workflow, to driving increased translation quality and decreased time-to-market. We're looking for someone who is an advocate for cultural nuances, has strong organizational and problem-solving skills, likes to execute swiftly, and is detail-oriented.
The nature of the role is highly collaborative and cross-functional, working across GTM, Product, Design, Engineering, Marketing and Customer Engagement. You will also be a key contributor in defining our localization strategy as we grow and launch our platform in many new languages and markets.
What you'll do
- Lead our language localization and translation strategy at Airtable
- Design and build out our localization function
- Design and implement efficient and scalable end-to-end localization frameworks for multiple products and diverse content types
- Deeply understand the international markets, languages and cultural contexts required to support localizing products
- Project manage end-to-end localization or translation projects, both with internal product, design, engineering, marketing and customer engagement team stakeholders and external vendors
- Advocate for localization best-practices across the organization
- Develop strong partnerships with our localization vendors and translation management system providers
Who you are
- You have a strong track record of localization program or project management and leadership (with a minimum of 4+ years work experience in this role)
- You have a strong entrepreneurial drive, with a bias towards action, and are comfortable with ambiguity in fluid situations
- You work collaboratively with partners across GTM, product, engineering, design, marketing and customer engagement to create a productive and collaborative work environment.
- You have experience building programs to enable localization operations at scale
- You have a strong understanding of localization platforms and TMS technologies (such as Phrase, Memsource, Lokalise, Smartling, etc.)
- You have excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills, with the ability to build strong relationships across cultural and geographic lines.
- You can demonstrate knowledge of internationalization and localization standards
- (Bonus) You have a degree in Linguistics, Translation & Interpretation, or Localization
- (Bonus) You have native fluency in at least one non-English language
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!