At Airtable, we are passionate about software and how our product democratizes software creation and empowers anyone to “create anything”. Just like Lego blocks, what our customers can build with Airtable is virtually limitless. At Airtable, we are committed to building a leading SaaS company and looking for candidates who believe in Airtable’s mission, possess a growth mindset, are empathetic to others, think broadly, and are great communicators.
Airtable is looking for a highly-motivated FP&A professional to join our finance team and play a crucial role as we scale our business, pursue operational excellence and build an amazing culture. This is an opportunity to have a significant impact at a fast-growing, high-potential startup with high visibility across the organization. We are looking for an experienced Finance leader with strong communication skills and high capacity to build relationships with key stakeholders across R&D leadership teams, the finance org and Airtable.
The R&D FP&A lead will report to the Head of FP&A and will support the extended Product and Engineering teams in all FP&A activities such as budget process, expense management, and variance analyses. In addition to being a thought partner to the business, the R&D Lead will be responsible for improving our reporting and forecasting capabilities, offer data-driven insights and recommendations, support cost optimizations for our cloud infrastructure and ensure expenses are recorded timely and accurately as we continue our rapid growth. Come build with us!
What you'll do
- Partner closely with key Product and Engineering leaders across the company to represent FP&A
- Provide a leadership voice and point of view to the R&D leadership teams
- Drive the coordination of the various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts and monthly outlooks)
- Oversee the completion of complex financial modeling development / improvement / maintenance
- Manage the variance analysis of Airtable’s R&D expenses and headcount, articulate the business reasons for variances to stakeholders and adjust the forecast models to reflect new information
- Drive the development and implementation of scalable processes to support the successful completion of timely and accurate forecasts, financial planning consolidations, and tracking of key investments and performance metrics
- Proactively maintain continuous lines of communication, keeping all leaders in FP&A and CFO informed of all critical issues
- Assist with managing technology partnerships, including AWS, and work to identify and improve efficiencies
- Partner with the Accounting team to perform month-end close activities and help drive process improvements and efficiencies in the close process
Who you are
- 8+ years of financial planning, forecasting, and/or financial analysis
- Experience supporting R&D teams and cloud infrastructure is a must
- Deep knowledge of SaaS business metrics, cloud infrastructure, headcount planning and software contracts
- Understanding of how to forecast and monitor different types of expenses
- Experience in e-commerce/Software/SaaS required, and preferably at a fast-growing technology company
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, related discipline or equivalent experience, MBA a plus
- Strong business and operational orientation, and proven track record of close partnership with the senior leaders
- Experience building, leading, and developing FP&A teams in hyper-growth environments while anticipating the future news of the team and the Company as it scales
What We Offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 80%)
- High deductible health plan available with health savings account contribution
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- Monthly “Lifestyle Wallet” to use for benefits like personal fitness (e.g., gym memberships, fitness equipment, etc.) to pet care to nutrition coaching, and more.
- Complimentary mental health support via Modern Health
- Family planning support via Carrot (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Flexible and generous time off and sick time benefits
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Annual Learning & Development wallet to support your career development
- Emergency backup care for dependents
- Access to financial planning and legal support
- Supplemental reimbursement for Gender Affirmation procedures and services
- Access to pre-tax Transportation & Commuter Benefits
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 300,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $11.7 billion and raised $735 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!