Airtable is seeking a world class Payroll Administrator to own and execute end-to-end payroll processes. You will lead Airtable’s payroll functions, work closely with the Finance & Accounting and HR teams playing a key role in computing and processing payrolls. You will ensure our payroll expenses and taxes are paid accurately and on a timely basis.
What you'll do
- You will prepare and process full cycle multi-state payroll, including time sheets, bonus payments, commission payments, and more.
- You will support employee related payroll questions and inquiries.
- You will work closely with HR to manage payroll systems to ensure accurate data, including the set up of employee records, validate employees’ changes, and review submissions of approved timesheets in the payroll system.
- You will partner with HR and Legal to manage stock-based compensation processing in payroll, including option exercises and RSUs for proper income reporting and tax withholding.
- You will ensure all payroll related tax filings are done timely and accurately, including the set-up of new accounts with various federal and state and local agencies as well as in the international countries as we grow; Work with tax agencies and payroll service providers to resolve tax issues.
- You will reconcile payroll data and prepare necessary journal entries and upload into the ERP system for posting.
- You will support monthly, quarterly and year-end tasks including reconciliations for payroll and benefits related accounts.
- You will ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations - monitoring state, city, and local registrations for payroll taxes.
- You will lead payroll SOX / 404 controls documentation and compliance, with a focus on continuous improvement of the control environment and processes.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years experience of full-cycle, multi-state and international payroll experience at a rapidly growing and a fast paced company.
- You have a strong knowledge of payroll, including gross-to-net calculation, disposable earnings for garnishments, payroll tax regulations, pre/post tax benefit deductions, fringe benefits, equity, and their impact to net pay.
- You understand federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters.
- You understand the accounting implications of payroll.
- You are able to handle sensitive data with integrity, confidentiality, and the utmost discretion.
- You have excellent analytical and problem resolution skills, and have superior attention to detail.
- You have effective verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- You work proactively to maintain current knowledge of pay practices and regulations.
- ADP/Workday experience is a must, prior system implementation is a plus.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world.
Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.