Airtable is seeking a Revenue Accounting Manager to lead the accounting function for revenue operations. You will be responsible for coaching, growing, and managing a team of revenue accounting professionals, and be in charge of developing, managing, and documenting the technical as well as operational revenue accounting processes. You will be working cross-functionally with Airtable’s internal teams leveraging your expertise to identify the accounting implications of proposed contract terms and identify terms that meet all stakeholders’ objectives. You will lead the revenue accounting analysis for all of Airtable’s revenue streams and communicate them to varying levels in the organization and external auditors. You will also work closely with the General Ledger team to review revenue related transactions during month-end close.
What you'll do
- You will lead collaboration with our cross functional partners to provide revenue recognition compliant solutions, including contract reviews, non-standard sales deals, commission plan modification, and changes in product and pricing strategies. Communicate the accounting implication to stakeholders at all levels.
- You will develop and streamline processes and controls around revenue and related financial reporting metrics. Create efficiencies and simplification by leveraging technology solutions and automation.
- You will draft, document, and manage revenue accounting policies and procedures.
- You will partner closely with Revenue Operations, Business Technology, FP&A, Legal, Sales and other teams across Airtable to drive results on various initiatives including revenue related system implementations and enhancement.
- You will provide oversight and review of billing operations including customer collections.
- You will perform thorough reviews for all revenue related transactions to ensure accuracy and compliance with GAAP (ASC 606) and appropriate documentation for external reporting and audit requirements.
- You will manage the team in timely preparation and maintenance of revenue records and monthly close activities (ex. variance analysis, review journal entries, support your team with month-end revenue related reconciliations, etc.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience working in technical accounting operations in a SaaS company.
- You have a strong ability to work cross functionally and proactively identify accounting issues, research applicable guidance and document accounting conclusions.
- You have strong analytical skills, including ability to independently analyze transactions and contracts and document the related accounting analysis under GAAP.
- You have experience with both enterprise and high volume self-serve revenue streams. SOX and SEC reporting experience is a plus.
- You have a strong ability to assess accounting implications of new products, including preparing technical analyses and advising on operationalizing the technical accounting conclusions.
- You are passionate about process, continuous improvement, and leveraging technology. You thrive in juggling and driving multiple projects to completion.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills. Your approach is clear, thoughtful and customer-focused. You have an ability to build relationships and exert influence with a kind and consultative approach.
- You are a strong mentor.
- Active CPA license
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to work with large volumes of transactional data, SQL a plus.
- Preferred systems experience: NetSuite, Workday, Avalara, Salesforce, Mode, Adaptive Insights or similar systems.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world.
Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.