Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support. Our goal in this role is to build an incident response team to respond to threats facing our infrastructure, customers and employees. This role will be the first person of that team to build the capability.
We think through problems from first principles, and work with the whole company to build proactive ls to deliver trustworthy systems that serve users and operators.
What you'll do
- Be part of a new security team building from the ground up. Airtable is growing fast, real fast! We’re building an extension of our San Francisco-based security team in Austin, and you can help us be at the ground-level of that build-out! You’ll be the first hire in the Incident Response Team to build out those capabilities.
- You’ll lead the investigations of Cyber Security Incidents and build-up processes to respond to threats.
- Work with Engineering, IT, Legal, Abuse, Communications, and Compliance teams to ensure we have the right response to threats.
- Protect a modern Tech company with a technology stack that includes AWS, MacOS and SaaS services.
- Investigate and respond to threats and abuse escalations that impact the product and our customers.
Who you are
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific, engineering, IT related field or equivalent and 3+ years related experience (bonus points for Master's in a technical field).
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with multiple varying technical, legal, executive, and business level stakeholders throughout the company.
- In-depth knowledge of security issues at many levels of a modern computing stack - from a beyond corp endpoint network to a cloud-based container infrastructure.
- Forensic experiences with MacOS and Linux\AWS environments.
- Experience working with modern SIEM solutions (e.g. Splunk or Elastic) and EDR platforms (e.g. OSQuery, SentinelOne, Crowdstrike, Laceworks, or CarbonBlack).
- Understand the security logging needs of an AWS, SaaS platform and macOS based environments.
- Industry certifications like GCIA, GCIH are helpful
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 65% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You’ll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group.
- High Deductible Health Plan w/ Health Spend Account contribution
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- $200 monthly wellness stipend for you to use to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental Health Support
- Family Planning Support (fertility, adoption, surrogacy)
- Meals and Snacks: our offices are empty these days, but when we’re back we’ll continue to have high-quality catered lunches and well-stocked kitchens
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.