Airtable's mission is to enable anyone to create software. Users can only create fearlessly when they trust that their data is safe with us. Therefore, security is built into everything we do: product design, feature development, architecture, operations, and customer support. Our goal in this role is to build an incident response team to respond to threats facing our infrastructure, customers and employees. This role will be the first person of that team to build the capability.
We think through problems from first principles, and work with the whole company to build proactive ls to deliver trustworthy systems that serve users and operators.
What you'll do
- Be part of a new security team building from the ground up. Airtable is growing fast, real fast! We’re building an extension of our San Francisco-based security team in Austin, and you can help us be at the ground-level of that build-out! You’ll be the first hire in the Incident Response Team to build out those capabilities.
- You’ll lead the investigations of Cyber Security Incidents and build-up processes to respond to threats.
- Work with Engineering, IT, Legal, Abuse, Communications, and Compliance teams to ensure we have the right response to threats.
- Protect a modern Tech company with a technology stack that includes AWS, MacOS and SaaS services.
- Investigate and respond to threats and abuse escalations that impact the product and our customers.
Who you are
- 5+ years of relevant work and educational experience building Incident response Processes and Procedures, Team Development, and Cloud\Linux Incident Response.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with multiple varying technical, legal, executive, and business level stakeholders throughout the company.
- In-depth knowledge of security issues at many levels of a modern computing stack - from a beyond corp endpoint network to a cloud-based container infrastructure.
- Forensic experiences with MacOS and Linux\AWS environments.
- Experience working with modern SIEM solutions (e.g. Splunk or Elastic) and EDR platforms (e.g. OSQuery, SentinelOne, Crowdstrike, Laceworks, or CarbonBlack).
- Understand the security logging needs of an AWS, SaaS platform and macOS based environments.
- Industry certifications like GCIA, GCIH are helpful
What we offer
- We have your medical, dental, and vision insurance 100% covered (and your dependents covered at 65%)
- Complimentary One Medical membership for individuals and dependents
- High deductible health plan with health spend account contribution
- $250 monthly wellness stipend for you to invest in your overall wellness
- Mental health support
- Family planning support (fertility, adoption, and surrogacy)
- Generous vacation and sick time
- 16 weeks of parental leave
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 250,000 organizations around the world. Our most recent funding round valued Airtable at $5.77 billion and raised $270 million in additional capital, and we're just getting started!