Airtable's unique approach to enabling end-user software creation has struck a chord with users across many industries and use cases. Our accelerating present and future growth, coupled with our ambitious product surface area, brings many challenges. Data can play a critical role in understanding how people use the open-ended toolkit that Airtable offers, thereby enabling our team to improve users' experience and accelerate their rate of success.
As a member of the Data Infrastructure team, you'll make an enormous contribution to our burgeoning data efforts. You'll design and build systems that will enable analytics, experimentation, and user-facing features.
What you'll do
- Help architect, build, and scale our data platform, with an eye on security and privacy.
- Work closely with the rest of engineering, as well as other stakeholders from our growth, sales, marketing, and product teams, to understand the data needs of the business and produce systems that enable better product and growth decision-making.
- Work on the data collection pipeline across the entire stack, from client-side event logging to ETL. Systems you'll touch may include data warehouses using MPP databases (e.g. RedShift or Snowflake), orchestration systems (e.g. Airflow or Luigi), streaming data processors (e.g. Kinesis or Kafka), and distributed batch data processing systems (e.g. Spark or Hadoop).
Who you are
- You're passionate and thoughtful about building systems that enhance human understanding.
- You have professional experience working with modern data storage and processing technologies, and you've wrangled enough data to understand how often the complex systems that produce data can go wrong.
- You can write clear, correct code in at least one programming language, and are willing to become effective in others as needed to get your job done.
- You communicate with clarity and precision in written form; experience communicating with graphs and plots, or at least understanding how to enable other people to do this, is a big bonus.
- You have 3+ years experience in software development
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable is working on the next computer revolution: one where anyone – even without technical training – can create customized applications that fit their needs, build more interconnected teams, and take part in a growing community of people who share what they create. Founded in 2013 and headquartered in San Francisco, Airtable powers teams at more than 200,000 organizations around the world. Our recent Series D funding round, which included Thrive Capital, Coatue, and Benchmark, doubled our total investment to more than $350 million. And we're just getting started.