Airtable is a uniquely challenging product — it has a purpose-built relational database engine supporting realtime synchronization between different users, collaborative undo, formula calculations, and visual revision history. On the outside, it has a polished, desktop-grade web interface and beautifully tap-friendly mobile apps.
We're looking for engineers who understand the difference between solving hard computer science problems and writing highly maintainable code in a team setting, and can cheerily excel at both. Unlike single-purpose apps, we think of Airtable as a horizontal toolkit composed of intuitive building blocks that people can repurpose to create their own applications. Our product roadmap is filled with interesting enhancements and additions to this toolkit that greatly expand the boundaries of Airtable's capabilities.
What you'll do
- Work at all levels of the stack, from AWS+Node.JS+SQL to React+HTML+CSS.
- Take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core Airtable features, end to end.
- Design and architect complex new systems, focusing not only on performance and scalability, but also on crafting a beautiful user experience.
Who you are
- You’re a software engineering generalist who cares deeply about user-centric product development.
- You have deep knowledge of web technologies and large-scale web application architecture.
- You have a strong background in computer science.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You want to work in a product-driven environment.
What we offer
- Health care: we have you 100% covered (and your dependents 50% covered) with competitive medical, dental, and vision insurance. You'll also be eligible for a complimentary membership to One Medical Group
- Learning & Development: we offer a $2,000 per year stipend for your personal career development
- Gym Membership: we’re proud to provide employees in our San Francisco and New York offices with complimentary gym memberships to Equinox, or up to $100/month reimbursement towards any other gym
- Catered lunches: we have high-quality catered lunches every day and well-stocked kitchens. We'll also reimburse you for any reasonable food expenses incurred while working
- Generous PTO, sick leave, and parental leave
Airtable's mission is to democratize software creation, similar to the way the Macintosh democratized personal computing. Software is arguably the most important creative medium of the last century, yet most people cannot build their own software. Airtable gives people and companies a “lego kit” they can use to create custom applications on their own, regardless of technical experience.
We’ve raised $170M in venture funding, including most recently a 100M Series C from Benchmark, Thrive, and Coatue.