Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Data Analyst to join the Marketplace Analytics team in Insights!
The Insights team at Addepar is building order management and execution systems to provide access to a wide range of investment products, including cash management, hedge funds and private equity, and secondary transactions in private securities and LP interests. We also work on data-driven products and analytical tools to help our clients make better investment decisions and navigate the sophisticated world of finance. This is an exciting new business for Addepar with high growth potential that is still in the early stages of development, and there is a unique opportunity for a key individual to join a new, highly visible team at the ground level.
Read more about our launch of Marketplace in May of 2020 here:
- Introducing Marketplace
- Thiel-Backed Firm Helps Ultra-Wealthy Trade Hedge Fund Holdings
- Addepar Rolls Out Digital Alternatives Marketplace
The Marketplace team is a vertically integrated group that includes a cross-section of product, marketing, sales, data, design, operations, compliance and engineering - giving members a unique perspective that demonstrates how their work directly links to the broader business. In many ways, our group operates much like a startup within a growth company, providing its members with the stability and business relations of the larger Addepar organization, while allowing the group to operate in a tightly integrated and demanding context, as we continue to build out our new line of business and product offerings.
The Marketplace Analytics team’s mission is to leverage Addepar’s unique sources of data to more effectively match Marketplace clients with products/solutions that may interest them. As a Data Analyst, you will prototype, design, and implement the suite of analytics that help us effectively target clients. The analytics themselves will start as heuristic algorithms and evolve into more sophisticated AI/ML techniques, and will be featured in both the Marketplace module in Addepar and internal applications that provide scale to our sales team. Successful candidates will be proven subject matter experts in data science, be practical in their approach to deploying simple vs. complex methodologies, and have demonstrated success in using data to achieve business outcomes.
What You’ll do:
- Develop a suite of analytics and models to predict client interest in various Marketplace offerings
- Explore more sophisticated data science techniques that may help us improve our targeting accuracy
- Design methodologies to test the ex-post effectiveness of analytics to optimize their contributions to business outcomes
- Collaborate with Insights engineering and other data teams at Addepar to enhance the pipeline of data used for analysis
- Proactively contribute to data quality and suggest upstream improvements that enhance the value of inputs to our analytics and models
- Create documentation and presentations to communicate decision making, progress, and results with the Insights team and other Addepar stakeholders
- Develop relationships across the organization to keep abreast of data engineering and architecture developments across the company that impact Insights
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience as a data analyst at a financial services or AdTech firm
- Extensive experience with Python or R and SQL
- Subject matter expertise in data science techniques, ranging from simple heuristics to AI/ML models
- Practical approach to data analysis with the complexity of the approach matching the needs of each particular situation
- Familiarity with financial markets, in particular alternative and private assets, is a plus
- Experience with communicating (written and verbally) complex topics in a simple way to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to help use data to achieve business objectives
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.