Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
Addepar is currently seeking a Head of Identity and Access Management (IAM). This position reports to Addepar’s CISO/VP Technology Risk and will be responsible for the design and implementation of a new centralized IAM function. This leadership role will manage the end-to-end identity lifecycle of our employees, contractors, and service accounts supporting both internally developed and SAAS / Cloud-hosted systems across multiple platforms. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to build an effective access management program designed to help accelerate our growing business through automation, scalability, and risk mitigation.
The successful candidate will be a security leader skilled in collaborating across stakeholder teams to design an IAM program that meets governance, policy, and compliance requirements, improves the user experience, and effectively mitigates risk in a sustainable way. You will design and implement the IAM framework and architecture, evaluate and select IAM vendor solutions, and hire a skilled team to support the program’s objectives. The position requires a technical expert with a proven ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and deliver results.
What You’ll Do
The Head of IAM will have responsibilities in the following areas:
- Implementing a formal program to enhance and centralize the Identity and Access Management (IAM) function
- Defining the project scope and framework to support the end-to-end identity lifecycle management
- Evaluating, selecting, and deploying IAM systems that facilitate efficient and repeatable access management controls including onboarding, offboarding, periodic user recertifications, and time-based access.
- Ensuring access privileges are granted according to policy, and all users are properly authenticated and authorized
- Formulating a clear understanding of Addepar’s applications, infrastructure, business needs, and control requirements to ensure the IAM framework aligns with operational, client, and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining relationships with key stakeholders to define and establish project scope, expectations and priorities, and communicate progress to project sponsors
- Building the IAM team, including hiring and managing talent to support the IAM program
- Developing, enacting and enforcing identity and access runbooks and procedures
- Designing KPI metrics to monitor compliance and effectiveness of the IAM program against associated policies
Who You Are
- 7+ years of experience as an Identity and Access Management leader
- 10+ years of experience in Information security including Identity and Access Management
- Strong connectivity to the security industry with the ability to hire great talent, select vendors and keep abreast of the latest IAM technologies and practices.
- Familiarity with current security frameworks, standards and regulations that cover IAM best practices such as SOC2, NIST, CSF, ISO270xx.
- Significant experience working with Software (SaaS) / Infrastructure / Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions and architectures. Experience with AWS preferred.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with privileged identity management, access governance, SSO products, role-based access, and IAM solutions.
- Ability to train, manage and assist co-workers and direct reports on all aspects of the program build and evolution
- Industry recognized certification in security a plus (e.g., CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, etc.)
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.