Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Client Specialist to join our Marketplace Team!
Addepar has the potential to make investing in alternative investments and private assets more transparent, more efficient, and more ethical. Addepar’s newest business, Marketplace, provides a set of tools that help our clients make better investment decisions, as well as an order management and execution platform for access to a wide range of investment products, including cash management, hedge funds, private equity, as well as co-invests and secondary transactions in private securities and LP interests. This is an exciting new initiative for Addepar with high growth potential that is still in the early stages of development, and there is a unique opportunity for a key individual to join a new, highly visible team at the ground level.
Read more about our launch of Marketplace in May of 2020 here:
- Introducing Marketplace
- Thiel-Backed Firm Helps Ultra-Wealthy Trade Hedge Fund Holdings
- Addepar Rolls Out Digital Alternatives Marketplace
The Marketplace team is a vertically integrated group that includes a cross-section of product, marketing, sales, data, design, operations, compliance and engineering - giving members a unique perspective that demonstrates how their work directly links to the broader business. In many ways, our group operates much like a startup within a growth company, providing its members with the stability and business relations of the larger Addepar organization, while allowing the group to operate in a tightly integrated and demanding context, as we continue to build out our new line of business and product offerings.
Our team is looking for a proven team player who thrives in fast-paced environments, excels at establishing and managing productive client relationships, and enjoys the challenge of building a new venture within an existing high growth company. As a Client Specialist, you will build and manage your own book of business focused on distributing a range of investment and liquidity solutions, including alternative investments and private securities (hedge funds, private equity, , direct private company and LP secondaries, and equity co-invests) that we originate from our proprietary network to our wealth management clients. Over time we will add additional product offerings - our longer term vision is to provide the full spectrum of financial products for wealth managers. The ideal candidate is relationship-driven, comfortable working hands-on, ambitious and results-oriented.
What You’ll Do
- Drive client interactions across the full range of Marketplace offerings to hit and exceed concrete objectives for both activities (client outreach, meetings, pipeline, etc) and results (client usage, transactions, and revenues). This will include travel to client offices, as the financial services sector re-opens to in-person interaction. Clients are located primarily in major urban areas across the US
- Achieve sales goals by assessing current client needs and following a defined selling process with potential buyers and/or sellers, often utilizing product demos and presentations
- Work closely with our in-house private placements team and third-party product partners to facilitate transactions and provide high-level customer service and support throughout the entire sales process
- Partner with Addepar software sales, services, and account management teams as appropriate to introduce Marketplace to existing clients and build a pipeline for financial product transactions
- Develop a strategic sales plan to effectively and efficiently cover named accounts
- Synthesize feedback from clients to help the product team prioritize the next set of financial products, features, and workflows
- Assist the Addepar software sales team in closing new business for Addepar as the Marketplace expert
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 7+ years in a sales role with a demonstrated track record of success with a collaborative/relationship selling approach
- Significant experience in selling financial products and/or data analytics into the financial services vertical; experience in selling alternative funds and/or private securities into the wealth management segment is a plus
- Active listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand client concerns, and overcome objections
- Genuine passion for adding value to clients and supporting team members
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced growth company. Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- High energy and enthusiasm; relentless drive for success
- FINRA Series 7, 63
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.