Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our Content Aggregation Layer Team! Addepar has over a decade of deep experience in data aggregation for financial services. The Content Aggregation Layer (CAL) project aims to create a unified platform for processing investment portfolio data at breadth and scale. As a member of the CAL team you will join us at the early stage of our journey, from problem formation to delivery of the next generation data foundation Addepar's products will be built upon. Areas you will be exposed to range from distributed system design to capturing business problems in elegant, lasting data models.
Our primary languages in use today are Java and Python. Above any specific technology we value eagerness to learn, comfort in iterating on ideas and consuming feedback and pragmatism that appropriately weighs proving out an idea and eliminating risks against perfection. ACAL is a cross disciplinary effort and as part of the team you'll wear many hats. If you're excited about joining an entrepreneurial internal startup within a world class wealth technology provider, we're excited to talk to you about Addepar and CAL.
Who You Are
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Financial Engineering or similar
- 4+ years experience as a professional software developer
- Significant experience with programming language
- Significant experience with distributed data processing and/or OLAP databases is a plus.
- Excitement about building something foundational for the financial services industry is a must.
- Exposure to industry practices in financial services is a plus.
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.