Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
Addepar has the potential to make investing in private assets more transparent, more efficient, and more ethical. Addepar’s newest business, Marketplace, provides a set of tools that help our clients make better investment decisions, as well as an order management and execution platform for access to a wide range of investment products, including cash management, hedge funds and private equity, and secondary transactions in private securities and LP interests. This is an exciting new initiative for Addepar with high growth potential that is still in the early stages of development, and there is a unique opportunity for a key individual to join a new, highly visible team at the ground level.
The Insights team launched our initial product in May of 2020: Marketplace. Read more about our launch in detail:
- Introducing Marketplace
- Addepar Valued at $2.17 Billion as Investors Bet on Wealth-Management Tech
- Addepar Rolls Out Digital Alternatives Marketplace
The Marketplace team is a vertically integrated group that includes a cross-section of product, marketing, sales, data, design, operations, compliance and engineering - giving members a unique perspective that demonstrates how their work directly links to the broader business. In many ways, our group operates much like a startup within a growth company, providing its members with the stability and business relations of the larger Addepar organization, while allowing the group to operate in a tightly integrated and demanding context, as we continue to build out our new line of business and product offerings.
Our team is looking for a proven leader who thrives in fast-paced environments and enjoys the challenge of building a new venture within an existing high growth company. As the Operations Manager for Marketplace, you will partner directly with the COO of our broker-dealer affiliate, Acervus Securities as well as our Sales, Marketing, and Product teams to create, maintain, and automate execution functions. The ideal candidate is comfortable working hands-on, is ambitious, and results-oriented. Most of all, we want someone passionate about building efficient and high-functioning processes.
Brokerage services provided by Acervus Securities, an SEC-registered broker-dealer and member FINRA/SIPC, an Addepar company.
What You’ll Do
- Work with the COO of Acervus to define vision and strategy for the future of our operations function
- Collaborate with our private placements, engineering, product and compliance teams to build efficient workflows
- Work with Compliance to develop policies, procedures, and frameworks to mitigate compliance and operational risk
- Process, monitor and drive transactions to the finish line
- Support the development of new Marketplace initiatives
- Act as a bridge between clients and partners to ensure proper communication
- Document operational knowledge, issues, processes, and best practices
- Hire and manage additional team members as justified by business plan and results
Who You Are
- 7+ years of applicable experience
- Ability to translate business objectives into a technical vision that balances time to market with the need to build flexible and scalable architecture
- Experience in an operations-related function at a financial services or fintech company
- Deep understanding of the private placements/secondary transactions process, including regulatory and compliance requirements
- Crisp attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- FINRA Series 99 is required or must be obtained within 60 days of hire. (can be obtained by having the Series 7)
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to operate effectively in a fast-paced growth company. Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to ask probing questions, understand concerns, and overcome objections
- Genuine passion for supporting team members and clients
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.