Every company has a mission. At Accruent, ours is to make sure you are ready to deliver on yours. 10,000+ customers around the globe depend on Accruent to lead their physical resources and gain the transparency to execute their mission. We’re mission ready. Are you?
Why you want to work for our Engineering team:
The Engineering team is vital to the success of our current and emerging software developments. As part of this team, you will be able to deliver enhancements and customizations on new and existing products to make an impact for the business and our customers. As we continue to expand our product suite, we look for innovative team members to persevere in the ever-changing environment of technology. Our goal is to optimize our products to make sure our customers are mission ready.
The Associate Senior Software Engineer in Test is responsible for designing, developing, and analyzing automated and Manual test suites and tools for Accruent’s Integrated Workspace Management Software. Responsibilities include mentoring entry level Software Associates in Test, reviewing manual test suites for automation, and developing automation tools and utilities in a variety of programming languages for a web-based enterprise application.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Accruent may be a fit for you.
How you'll make a difference:
- Create feature test plans and cases, and supporting applications, harnesses, and automation to successfully test at the API, class, interface, data access, and application layers
- Writing test cases with data seeding files and eventually developing automation by writing components, tools, and scripts to automate the owned test cases
- Develop powerful tools and automation systems to accelerate product development, ensuring long-term quality
- Automate existing black box tests (all tiers) for functional and performance uses
- Ensure the successful execution of the automated test suite.
- Ensure the teams and roles you work with are following the standards and best practices when working with QA
- Create test documentation (test strategies, plans, designs, scripts) derived from a variety of sources (business use cases, functional specifications, object models, relational diagrams, class diagrams, and system diagrams) to support individual and group testing efforts.
- Assist in maintaining quality of work through regular code reviews
- Mentor entry level Software Associates in Test on engineering and company best practices
- Advocate for quality software development by influencing and improving upstream development processes, creating a proactive approach to quality in all its forms
- Analyzes test results to determine where application bugs exist and where tests need improvement
What you bring to the table
- 1+ years of test experience
- 1+ years of programing experience in Object oriented (C#, Java) or Scripting (Python) languages
- 1+ years of test automation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics or graduation from Technical School
- Clear understanding of software development practices and lifecycles
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented concepts
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details
- Ability to work well within a group or individually on projects
- Experience with industry best practices
- Experience with Security testing
- Experience with Performance Testing
- Understanding of CI/CD processes (knowledge of tools such a Jenkins is a plus)
- Proven ability to write test automation frameworks or harnesses (such as Robot Framework)
- Experience with BDD, Gherkin
- Experience with Agile project development, either with XP, Scrum, Kanban, Lean
Prior experience automating test cases with commercial test tools, such as Selenium, BDD Framework etc., is a plus