84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
The Forecasting Center of Excellence (FCOE) develops and manages multiple forecasts used by 84.51° and Kroger. This includes item-level forecasts used for price and promotion planning as well as supply chain operations for millions of items. We are a cross-functional team where data scientists, engineers, and product owners work collaboratively to support existing forecast sciences and deliver continuous product enhancements. The team leverages cutting-edge science and cloud technologies, working with big data assets in a cloud environment primarily with Python/Spark, generating billions of forecasts each day.
The Lead PRODUCT OWNER is the business champion and team linguist that is accountable for maximizing the value of the product results from the work of the development team. You own the details of the business value delivered at the team level. You translate business requirements into product requirements to ensure that the product delivers on user needs. You will be assigned to a Team(s) based on the size, scale and complexity of the technology, that best aligns with your skills and experience.
- Drive business value for the team by prioritizing and ordering product backlog items based on the product roadmap
- Experienced in managing a team’s product backlog and ensuring it’s transparent, visible and clearly communicated
- Translates business desires/requirements into effective features and stories that are ready for development
- Outlines clear acceptance criteria, to clearly communicate the definition of “done”
- Stakeholder management – experienced in building and managing stakeholder relationships to influence and drive change
- Experienced level knowledge in the development and use of product data to influence product decisions/roadmap – both quantitative and qualitative
- Deep understanding of the business domain, stakeholders, business processes and constraints in which your product(s) play
- Deep understanding of customers/users problems, how they think and operate and the platforms/technology they use
- Understand and communicate organization objectives, strategies, and solution needs to the team to facilitate results (where collaborative/as colleague)
- Manage and communicate dependencies and risks
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- 4-6 years relevant experience in data science capability development required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Skilled in managing end-to-end data science solutions and services
- Technical acumen – grasps the technical details of data science, machine learning, and artificial intelligence
- Skilled in managing cross-functional data science development teams (scientists and technologists with diverse skillsets) in an agile environment
- Experience defining goals, user stories, and prioritizing machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions
- Experience gathering user requirements for data science solutions
- Experience building and delivering sophisticated systems that leverage various machine learning algorithms or technologies that integrate well with other organization-wide systems and are able to scale optimally.
- Partner with the business teams to lead to design, develop, and launch ML/AI algorithms and/or solutions that become widely adopted across the enterprise.
- Skilled in managing business priorities against design/user needs while delivering against product roadmaps
- Stakeholder management skills – experienced in building and managing stakeholder relationships to influence and drive change
- Problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Planning, organizational and time management skills
- Comfort with ambiguity – remains confident, positive, and resourceful in the face of ambiguity and unexpected results; recovers quickly from setbacks
- Exhibits qualities of and have proven to be a great teammate
- Verbal and written communication skills, ability to translate between business and technical