84.51° is a retail data science, insights and media company. We help the Kroger company, consumer packaged goods companies, agencies, publishers and affiliated partners create more personalized and valuable experiences for shoppers across the path to purchase.
Powered by cutting edge science, we leverage 1st party retail data from nearly 1 of 2 US households and 2BN+ transactions to fuel a more customer-centric journey utilizing 84.51° Insights, 84.51° Loyalty Marketing and our retail media advertising solution, Kroger Precision Marketing.
Join us at 84.51°!
We are a team of instructional design and technology professionals skilled in corporate education and we are currently seeking a professional technical writer to join our expanding team. Our team works closely with subject matter experts (SME’s) and new technologies to provide training resources across the company to external clients and internal personnel.
The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating technical documents, product manuals, and explaining complex information in a clear, concise manner. The Technical Writer will also be responsible for evaluating and making improvements to existing resources. To accomplish these goals, the Technical Writer will collaborate with the Product development, commercial stakeholders, team members, subject matter experts, and end-users to provide critical technical content in a timely manner.
- Work within the boundaries and demands of the Agile planning process in order to plan, design, develop, organize, write and review technical help content, release notes, and other relevant product and educational updates
- Assist in determining the learning needs of end users by engaging and partnering with key product, business, and training stakeholders
- Assist in determining the clearest and most logical way to present information and instructors for greatest learner comprehension
- Remain updated on technological and product developments as well as relevant universal specifications in the industry
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of content and style
- Gather usability feedback from clients, designers, and users
- Create processes to manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Experience with Content Management Systems such as MadCap Flare or similar
- Understands the role of documentation in the Agile development world and has experience documenting content iteratively within the Agile framework
- Strong technical aptitude: ability to understand and contextualize complex topics (i.e. data science, product segmentations, etc)
- Ability to write in both explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Collaborative relationship builder, question asker and problem solver
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, and/or similar tools (desired, not mandatory)
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, Communication, or related field
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role