Senior Product Support Analyst - Deerfield, IL/ Cincinnati, OH
84.51° knows customers, and we know how to connect you.
Using a sophisticated, proprietary suite of tools and technology, we turn customer data into actionable knowledge. With unparalleled customer data and predictive analytics capabilities, we deliver personalized marketing strategies and ensure the best experience for customers of Kroger and more than 1500 consumer-packaged-goods companies. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, resulting in a more dynamic, informed and personal approach to driving customer loyalty.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Product Support Analyst, you will be responsible for handling end-user support issues and helpdesk management in a B-to-B environment for our web-based reporting portals. In addition, you will be responsible for the day to day monitoring and management of operational processes and systems.
- Address issues from end users and directly assist with questions or problems regarding data as well as web portal applications.
- Use SQL to generate ad-hoc queries into databases to track down data issues and establish customer permissions.
- Understand business and process data flows. Be able to trace data from raw input format to end report. Identify trouble spots and root cause issues. Assess and resolve identified data issues.
- Provide a consultative approach to end-user questions. Be able to recommend solutions to customer issues.
- Track and analyze trends. Effectively diagnose and resolve problems as well as promote new solutions. Anticipate problems and take appropriate action to prevent issues from occurring. Use all available tools to gets to the root cause of the problem.
- Work closely with the Technical Product Support, Product Management and Engineering teams to identify and resolve defects.
- Assist with data QA on an ongoing basis, ensuring that customers are receiving high quality, data that meets their business needs.
- Collaborate with operations, development, and customer service teams to gather information, investigate, and resolve data issues.
- Track, analyze, and report on data flow trends, enhancements, needs, etc.
- Setup new clients and identify their data access based on various factors. Make changes to existing clients based on merger/divestiture activities.
- Daily monitoring and management of legacy operational processes and systems. This includes monitoring of input files, process flows, data extracts and web portal applications ensuring service level agreements are met.
- Monitor quality control measures taking appropriate action when measurements fall outside acceptable parameters. Communicates with customer IT groups to resolve data issues.
- Requires 3+ years of experience in systems management or in a related field.
- Basic understanding of SQL and relational database skills, with a preference for understanding the issues surrounding very large data sets (MS SQL, IBM Netezza)
- Product or end-user support experience
- Excellent communications and customer service skills.
- On-call requirements ~ once every 8 weeks.
- Strong ability to solve problems independently.
- Excellent organization skills
- Experience in Retail, Consumer Packaged Goods, Supply Chain or Syndicated Data and/or Media space a plus