EXTERNAL JOB TITLE: Director, Product Management (Platforms)
84.51° knows customers, and we know how to connect you.
Using a sophisticated, proprietary suite of tools and technology, we turn customer data into actionable knowledge. With unparalleled customer data and predictive analytics capabilities, we deliver personalized marketing strategies and ensure the best experience for customers of Kroger and more than 300 consumer-packaged-goods companies. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, resulting in a more dynamic, informed, and personal approach to driving customer loyalty.
The Director of Product Management – Platforms will bring seasoned product experience to focus on the foundational offerings, reporting, and growth of our portfolio of internally facing applications and tools. You’ll act as a program product leader — collaborating and leading with cross-functional technology, data science, and business teams to understand the complexity of our ecosystem and serve the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
You’ll manage a team of product managers focused on increasing the accuracy, efficiency, and scalability of our platforms that fuel our business and operations teams. The team is evolving our portfolio from being project-centric to being partner-centric. As the leader, you’ll focus on charting the path to create a platform for current and future product development through cloud and enablement offerings.
A successful candidate will have strong business acumen, exceptional cross-functional communication skills, and demonstrated leadership abilities. Your team will help deliver products that enable our partners and internal stakeholders to manage their integrations and relationships in a consistent, efficient manner, leaning into such principles as single sources of truth, centralized and federated workspaces, configurability, and component-based application design.
- Ensure our solutions are distinctly valuable to our customers and viable for the various aspects of our business
- Build and manage VP and Director level stakeholder relationships to influence and drive change across the ecosystem, across partners and various integrations
- Understand and share the impact of solving problems and providing solutions that will scale across the ecosystem, partners, and various integrations
- Partner closely with the enterprise capability engineering teams to understand how best to evolve the platform product portfolio to meet the needs of business and technical consumers
- Engage and thrive in a healthy debate of ideas and communicate your vision and strategy broadly throughout the organization
- Drive the development, championing, and evangelizing of a Platforms vision, strategy, and roadmap, that evolves our applications and tools from discrete applications to a platform model, with the ability to scale and service multiple tenants across on-prem and cloud-based offerings
- Define how we will measure the success and effectiveness of products, and track productivity and quality
- Lead the team in developing strategic plans for key areas of our business: platform acceleration, enterprise reporting, cloud foundations, and business enablement products & services
- Clearly communicate the value and ROI of the work being delivered on the program
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong product experience with a proven record of successfully launching, scaling, and measuring success of those products
- Strong understanding of platform service models, including Platform as a Service (PaaS) and the ability to discuss technical concepts, their tradeoffs, and opportunities with technical leaders & teams
- Demonstrable experience of building and leading high performing teams, with an ability to inspire, motivate and mentor those around you
- Track record of technical product innovation, finding new opportunities, defining & owning product value and viability, and building them to scale
- Clear examples of ability to collect ambiguous input, dive deep on analyzing what customers really want, and deliver solutions that delight
- General Manager mentality - interest in the intersection of technology, operations, and business.
- Ability to mobilize the entire organization towards a common goal
- Ability to prioritize well, and articulate your product roadmap across business functions and geographies
- Exceptional communication skills, in writing and verbally, whether in small group discussions, large-scale presentations, or with executives
- Strong strategic thinker comfortable with making data-driven decisions
- Ability to balance consumer, partner, and business interests while considering technical integration tradeoffs
- 6-8+ years relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Technical acumen strongly preferred