G3 – Lead Data Scientist, Relevancy Team – Personalization & Loyalty Strategy
Relevancy Team is responsible for making relevant and personalized customer experiences for Kroger's E-commerce site, which ranks among the top 10 e-commerce companies in the US. We deliver trillions of recommendations to the Kroger website at scale and make them available to millions of Kroger customers. Scale is the name of the game. The team has a rich portfolio of sciences which include product and coupon recommender systems, substitute recommendations, and shoppable recipes. We apply a multitude of advanced techniques such as deep learning, Matrix factorization, ML, and NLP to create our sciences. We are constantly learning and bettering our sciences and apply statistics for experimental design and AB testing. Measurement is our core value and all decisions in the product evolution are supported by data and evidence from experiments.
We are looking for a highly motivated data scientist who will lead our product evolution & sciences through experimental design, measurement, and monitoring. This Data Scientist will lead our experimental design methods, development of our experimentation & measurement platform. The data scientist should know statistics, experimental design, AB testing, and required tooling knowledge to tell the story with dashboards independently. The measurement lead will enable the team with tools, patterns, packages, and insights to understand how products are performing, the value created, and while pointing out the opportunities for product improvements. They will lead the best practices and statistical rigor for conducting experiments and interpreting the results. The Measurement Lead will be working closely with Product & Engineering and Business and have good communication and collaboration skills. They will also be responsible for research and innovation into advanced measurement techniques such as Bayesian Measurement, Multi-Armed bandits and drive our measurement & experimentation roadmap.
- Lead the experimental design and statistical techniques for measurement and experimentation
- Lead the value storytelling with dashboards to the Business and Product Teams.
- Develop tools, packages, and patterns that will simplify, standardize and enable measurement and experimentation for the DSR and Engineers in the team.
- Innovate in experimental design and measurement – Bayesian methods, Multi-Armed Bandits.
- Partner with Business & Product to identify the right metrics for understanding the customer and product performance.
- Partner with Engineering to facilitate experiment deployment and enhancements to experimentation framework
- Help and Lead the Team Data Scientists in experimental design, measurement, and storytelling.
- Partner with G4 Tech lead for Relevancy and incorporate feedback and escalating technical issues.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, computer science, data science, analytics, mathematics, or related discipline
- 4+ years of experience in extracting insights from large databases, translating market research into actionable solutions, and presenting findings and recommendations to clients
- 2+ years of experience in experimental design, AB testing, online Experimentation, Sampling methods, Sample size estimation, Significance testing.
- High level of independence to develop and own toolkits, pipelines, and dashboards.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly on technical topics. Must be able to learn from others and teach others, and to work collaboratively as part of a highly interdependent team.
- Python, Hadoop, Pyspark, Tableau, Bash, and Knowledge of Automation tools
- Story Telling ability with Python Notebooks & dashboards
- Desirable but not required – Working in Azure and Power BI
#LI - SSS
#LI - Remote