Kroger Precision Marketing (KPM) powered by 84.51°, is a leading retail media advertising solution. KPM closes the loop between media exposure and store sales by using first-party purchase data to make brand advertising more addressable, actionable, and accountable. Launched almost three years ago, we have activated campaigns for over 1000 brands. Our vision is to become the preferred media company for advertisers by creating a more accountable media supply chain that increases the effectiveness of investment dollars. We are a growing team of passionate and talented analysts, data scientists, marketing consultants, and media strategists who are committed to transforming the media industry.
The Partnerships team at 84.51 is responsible for driving growth by identifying, executing, and managing strategic alliances in collaboration with business leaders and cross-functional teams throughout Kroger. We are seeking a director to play a critical role in supporting the identification, execution, and integration of new opportunities that are strategically aligned with our growing Media business (Kroger Precision Marketing or “KPM”). The ideal candidate will possess leadership experiences driving strategic business initiatives and working with external partners, an ability to work well cross-functionally and the desire to roll-up their sleeves and execute plans that move opportunities from strategy to execution.
The Partnerships team works with all of KPM’s senior leadership and other functional leaders within 84.51° to evaluate strategic opportunities. These opportunities include potential acquisitions, strategic alliances and well as business unit evaluations and reviews.
- Work closely with business leader(s) to help shape KPM’s growth strategies and determine the potential role of partner(s) to meet strategic objectives
- Source potential partners through broad landscaping and partner cultivation
- Lead all phases of partner development, including project management, diligence efforts, drafting and reviewing agreements and working with business owners to establish appropriate integration and governance plans
- Stay current on industry trends through research, affiliation with professional organizations, and attending conferences and seminars as needed
- Research and analyze current and future trends in the media industry, including advertising technology, marketing technology, digital and out of home advertising, and privacy trends
- Liaison with business partners in financial modeling exercises to support each business case, establishing revenue targets for new business opportunities and securing resources for opportunities as needed
- Liaison with legal and compliance teams to understand requirements for new retail financial services initiatives
- Define and influence long-term media strategy, innovation plans & business model transformation to disrupt the media ecosystem which may include, but is not limited to, identification and evaluation of new alliances and acquisition targets
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external partners, investors, industry experts and within the start-up ecosystem
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
Successful candidates will thrive in a fast-paced environment that is a little unorthodox at times and will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience with 5+ years in corporate development and strategy, corporate innovation, Mergers and Acquisitions, or management consulting
- 3+ years in media influencing business strategy, digital technology & go-to-market plans
- Experience in Adtech or Martech strongly preferred
- Core understanding of end-to-end partnership constructs, including assembling layered partnerships to achieve desired business outcomes
- Strong ability to manage self, prioritize work, drive for results and excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams and achieve goals through others
- Excellent project management skills, including work prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and manage a network of key internal and external relationships
- Experience identifying, evaluating, and analyzing new strategic business opportunities
- Proven analytical and numerical aptitude; proficient in analyzing data for decision making
- Proven Track Record in successfully originating, negotiating and closing strategic investments and/or acquisitions that delivered strategic and financial impact
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to distill complex issues and detailed analysis
- Demonstrated ability to drive for resolution and results in complex situations
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative analysis skills for financial forecasting, scenario planning & business model evaluation
- Critical assessor of talent – builds & motivates high performing teams
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who balances detailed plans & a big picture, forward-looking mind
84.51° knows customers, and we know how to connect you.
Using a sophisticated, proprietary suite of tools and technology, we turn customer data into actionable knowledge. With unparalleled customer data and predictive analytics capabilities, we deliver personalized marketing strategies and ensure the best experience for customers of Kroger and more than 300 consumer-packaged-goods companies. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, resulting in a more dynamic, informed and personal approach to driving customer loyalty.