Lead Business Systems Analyst
84.51° helps companies create sustainable growth by putting the customer at the center of everything. Using a sophisticated suite of tools and technology, we turn data into knowledge to help some of the world's leading CPG manufacturers and partners develop, nurture and embrace deeper relationships with their customer.
People are the key to everything, and we continually seek people who make us better. In order to continue to grow, we need more great people who want to join us in doing cool, industry-changing, brain-stimulating work.
The Lead Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for working closely with internal 84.51° business units to define requirements for business systems, work with developers and system administrators to understand those requirements and assist in the testing of the resulting system changes. In addition, the Lead will be a subject matter expert providing project management, and consultation within the department as well as to stakeholders across the business.
- Work closely with the business to make recommendations based on experience, and identify and document system requirements based on the analysis of business needs, objectives, and existing systems capabilities.
- Work closely with vendors and internal software personnel to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into the delivered product.
- Develop accurate and complete quality assurance test plans and test cases to ensure requirements traceability and validation.
- Conduct quality assurance testing of systems and enhancements.
- Document and track software defects related to quality assurance and user acceptance testing, and ensure that they are resolved properly and in a timely manner.
- Coordinate and assist in user acceptance testing.
- Participate in process analysis and improvement.
- Incident & defect management & resolution.
- Assist in training of users and answering questions.
- Establish and document processes to support all areas of responsibility.
- Provide guidance to other colleagues in the group, and serve as a subject matter expert to individuals across the business.
- Lead projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field is preferred; equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills which will be used to appropriately document requirements, maintain project plans, organize and run meetings, and participate in testing.
- Proactive thinking and behavior: being able to anticipate, plan and execute in ways which help drive and increase the efficiency of our business.
- The ability to collaborate and work effectively with leaders and team members of all 84.51° functions.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, and be able to effectively communicate within the team.
- Maintain high levels of customer service at all times.
- Must be able to manage and coordinate multiple requirements projects simultaneously.
- A documented history of successfully driving projects to completion.
- Must be able to build and maintain a positive relationship with vendors and internal suppliers and customers.
- Understanding of data and data governance principles.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project. Knowledge of Access and Visio is also recommended.
POSITION-SPECIFIC SKILLS DESIRED:
- Understanding of media planning & buying, including knowledge of metrics by channel
- Understanding of how to use the media data for forecasting and invoicing
- Experience using digital buying platforms, for example, Media Ocean Prisma and Xandr
- Expert knowledge and understanding of requirements gathering is required.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of quality assurance and acceptance testing is required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in the role as Business Analyst.
- Experience in Salesforce and Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations is a plus.