At 2U, we are all in on purpose. We are motivated by our mission – to eliminate the back row in education – and connected by our shared passion to deliver world-class digital education at scale. As the parent company of edX, the world’s leading online learning platform, 2U powers more than 4,000 online higher education offerings – from free courses to full degrees. Together with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporate partners, we are helping to unlock human potential.
What We’re Looking For:
A Sales Engineer at 2U is responsible for supporting the Enterprise team by providing technical expertise and guidance during the sales process. Your main objective is to understand the needs of prospective customers, and identify and demonstrate the appropriate solution to help close deals. You will be viewed as “the expert” to edX’s customers and team members, and you will have the opportunity to build meaningful business relationships, apply both sides of your brain, and make a truly significant impact on the lives of many, many learners.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- New Business
- Work with the edX for Business sales team to give engaging presentations, demonstrations, and expert-level technical guidance to prospective customers
- Interpret and communicate customer technical requirements to edX’s Sales, Customer Success, Information Technology, Legal, Finance, and Product Delivery teams.
- Existing Business
- Provide consulting services, how-to guides, technical tips, and best practices to existing edX for Business customers
- Train edX for Business customers with systems integration requirements, and leverage product knowledge to recommend and deliver streamlined customer solutions
- Business/Product Development
- Represent edX for Business customers to edX Product Delivery teams to advocate for their use cases, requirements, and problems and improve edX product offerings.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Data-Driven: Experience constructing cohesive business cases and advocating for customers through the use of accurate information and data sets. Proficiency with SQL and various analytical tools including Tableau, Excel, Snowflake, and Google Sheets.
- Robust Domain Knowledge: Experience working on SAML and distributed systems integrations from start to finish.
- Bias Towards Action: Effectively juggle multiple priorities while retaining a sense of urgency. Apply objective criteria and intuitive knowledge to prioritize a series of items or tasks.
- Problem Solver: Strong analytical and expert troubleshooting skills. Ability to step back and see the big picture, articulate the full scope of a problem and its possible solutions, and provide recommendations for which path to choose.
- Communication: Excellent verbal communication and business/technical writing skills. Ability to speak both technical and non-technical languages to bridge customers, sales, and product/engineering to facilitate problem-solving.
- Start-Up Mentality: Work collaboratively on a small team in a high growth environment. Experience wearing different hats and taking on additional responsibilities outside of your day-to-day responsibilities.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Experience dealing with academic, corporate, and government learning and development markets
- Educational technology domain experience: Knowledge of instructional design and key principles of teaching, pedagogy, and assessment
- Experience working with regulatory frameworks such as ISO 27001, SOC-2, PCI
- Experience with Docker, Django web application framework, and Open edX,
- Business-level written and spoken Spanish (preferred)
Benefits & Culture
Our global employee base is a diverse collection of innovators, dreamers, and doers working together to transform lives through higher education. We believe that every employee can advance our shared purpose, and that life at 2U should be fun and meaningful. If you’re excited by the opportunity to provide over 40 million learners and counting with access to world-class online higher education, then join us – and do work that makes a difference. #NoBackRow
We offer comprehensive benefits (unique per country) and excellent work/life balance.
Full-time, ZA benefits include:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery Health Medical Scheme
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organization, study leave, sports leave and a company-wide festive season break
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to building and sustaining a culture of belonging, respect, and inclusion. We are proud of the steps we’ve taken to bring together an employee base that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by what makes us different, as well as by how we are alike.
2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at2U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodations, please reach out to us at: email@example.com.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
For more than a decade, 2U, Inc. has been the digital transformation partner of choice to great non-profit colleges and universities delivering high-quality online education at scale. As the parent company of edX, a leading global online learning platform, 2U provides over 45 million learners with access to world-class education in partnership with more than 230 colleges, universities, and corporations. Our people and technology are powering more than 4,000 digital education offerings — from free courses to full degrees — and helping unlock human potential. To learn more: visit 2U.com.
edX is the education movement for restless learners and a leading global online learning platform from 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU). Together with the majority of the world’s top-ranked universities and industry-leading companies, we bring our community of over 45 million learners world-class education to support them at every stage of their lives and careers, from free courses to full degrees. And we're not stopping there — we're relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location. Learn more at edX.org.
Learn more at https://2u.com/careers/
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.
2U is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas. In this regard, the relevant laws and principles associated with Employment Equity will be considered when appointing potential candidates. We are required by law to verify your ability to work lawfully in South Africa. 2U requires that you submit a copy of either your identity document or your passport and any applicable work permit if you are a foreign national, along with an updated curriculum vitae.