What We’re Looking For:
Storytelling is at the heart of any successful company. As part of the corporate communications team at 2U, the Senior Manager of Corporate Communications will craft stories and build public relations strategies that bring 2U’s partnerships, products, and purpose to life, and position 2U at the intersection of global trends in education, tech, and the future of work.
Reporting directly to the Director of Corporate Communications, this role will play a collaborative and strategic role in the team’s efforts to build the reputation of 2U, its broader portfolio, and its leaders. The ideal candidate is adept at navigating complex organizational structures to surface insights and shape communications strategies; a natural storyteller, an exceptional writer, and an articulate speaker; comfortable interacting with a wide range of stakeholders, from university leaders and high-level executives to students and reporters; skilled at quickly building rapport and relationships with media; experienced pitching consumer, human interest, workplace, and business stories to regional and national media; and most importantly, biased toward action. Our team thinks big and moves fast, and together, we’ll educate and inspire our diverse audiences around 2U’s vision to eliminate the back row in higher education, at a paradigm-shifting moment for online learning
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Play a collaborative and strategic role on the corporate communications team in all aspects of the development and execution of 2U's communications and engagement plan, with a specific focus on building consumer awareness, educating key audiences on alternative credential programs, securing earned media, and executive speaking opportunities (events, conferences, industry roundtables, etc).
- Regularly liaise with leaders across 2U to align on vision, product roadmap, and storytelling opportunities in the alternative credential segment.
- Create an efficient and repeatable process for securing regional and trade media coverage that articulates the impact and value of our programs in key markets and verticals
- Work across teams to identify and promote key company milestones, news moments, partnerships, and product developments
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to announce new program launches around the globe
- Craft executive bylines aligned with strategic company goals
- Conduct research and analyze data to identify relevant trends and story angles
- Develop press releases, pitches and briefing materials
- Manage the team’s reporting, news monitoring, and analytics processes
- Participate in brainstorming and strategy development to take 2U’s thought leadership to the next level
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 7+ years in public relations; candidates with B2C and edtech/future of work experience preferred
- Natural storytelling instincts: You understand the key components to a compelling story and enjoy rolling up your sleeves to identify assets, trends, and angles.
- Strong writer: You love the writing process and enjoy the creative challenge of shepherding anything from a byline to a press release from start to finish.
- Professional and skilled communicator: you can present ideas clearly to a variety of audiences, from high-level executives to local beat reporters.
- Proactive and resourceful: you are a problem solver energized by identifying creative solutions; you’re skilled at managing up, prioritizing, and setting expectations.
- Highly organized: You are detail-oriented, process-driven, and able to manage projects to meet tight deadlines.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Curious: You are a voracious consumer of news across industries, always eager to learn, and keep up to date with changing best practices in PR.
- Flexible: You are able to juggle multiple projects and switch gears seamlessly; you thrive in a fast-paced environment and can stay cool and calm under pressure.
- Team-first attitude: You’re a team player willing to lend a hand on a variety of projects and go the extra mile to achieve company goals.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.