What We’re Looking For:
Are you passionate about learning new technologies and teaching them to others? Do you love writing, speaking, and storytelling as much as you love coding? Then this may be the position for you!
At 2U, we’re creating innovative programs to train new audiences for careers in the digital economy. We’re looking for people with passion, a demonstrated ability to learn on their feet, and a desire to escape the cubicle and stretch their creative muscles in new ways.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Lead the refinement of the 2U Full-Stack (web development) Curriculum
- Write and review detailed lesson plans for instructors to use during teaching including learning objectives, activities, slide presentations, ancillary resources, and more
- Establish and promote best practices in lesson plan development, style guides, and coding techniques
- Lead a team of curriculum engineers and outside subject-matter experts on the creation of technical and non-technical content, and work with the curriculum manager to guide program development
- Lead, train, and manage junior developers via training and code reviews
- Partner in supporting the instructor community by responding to issues and proposing solutions
- Plan, review, and report on sprint progress and accomplishments
- Support admissions and instructional teams at 2U with training and other materials as requested
- Partner in decision making around new program development
- Stay abreast of tech trends and create content to meet demands
- Provide expert guidance on content and technology best practices
- Conceive of and collaborate on new ideas for more effectively enhancing student learning
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Someone with at least 3-4 years of real coding or web experience. We are looking for someone unafraid to be a thought leader in full-stack web development, both within the organization and to external partners.
- Someone with demonstrated writing ability to clearly communicate engaging instruction and activities that teach technical skills. We write a LOT on our team. If you’re someone who has always wanted to write about full stack development and enjoys teaching new concepts to beginners, then we may be the place for you.
- Someone who is always “creating.” This job is all about thinking on your feet and spinning quick and fun activities to demonstrate key concepts. You need to be someone who can dream up a proof of concept idea… then code or create it in a day or two.
- A self-starter who can quickly understand processes and approaches without formal training
- Someone who has a background in:
- API Creation and Consumption
- SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Python and Java Experience is a plus
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break from Christmas through New Years!
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.