What We're Looking For:
The Faculty Engagement & Development Team empowers faculty from 2U partner universities to create an engaging digital learning environment that delivers transformative student outcomes. Through resources, training, coaching, observation, and feedback, we strive to improve the competency and confidence of all instructional partners to master the content, champion the technology, and teach strategically.
The Faculty Training Specialist I (part-time) will be responsible for supporting faculty and students in utilizing classroom technology effectively and troubleshooting technical questions during virtual live sessions, as well as making detailed observations of what happens during a virtual live session to inform stakeholders of teaching and technical effectiveness. This position involves high-quality support, technical troubleshooting, assessing effective teaching, and training for our faculty, while undertaking special projects as needed. This position requires an individual who is customer-focused and tech savvy; understands adult learning strategies; is comfortable with online technologies such as Zoom and learning management systems, and is great at explaining difficult concepts in a concise format.
This is a fully remote position, but to encourage team connectedness (e.g. ease with getting to team off-sites etc.) we prefer to hire individuals within 50 miles of one of our office locations.
- Primary availability is from 8:00pm-3:30am EST, Monday - Friday, availability on weekends also expected
- Hours: Up to 20 hours per week, 25 hours per week during peak seasons
- Availability during peak seasons, typically in the months of January, May, July, and September are required. Specific date ranges will be determined based upon business needs
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Provide exceptional service and support to faculty and students during live classroom sessions. This includes addressing technical issues as well as providing recommendations and feedback on improving the faculty member’s competency and confidence to teach online
- Effectively train and coach faculty from 2U’s partner programs on how to effectively provide engaging student experiences via 2U’s digital learning platforms
- Collaborate on various projects to improve the faculty experience and team operations
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a service-oriented, customer support, technical support or related field (teaching experience or providing service in collegiate, university or online environment is a strong plus)
- Strong background in customer service, education and/or training
- Organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and a high sense of urgency
- Ability to work quickly and accurately; must be able to multitask in high-intensity situations
- Familiarity with online learning technology a plus (Zoom, Salesforce, LMS, Adobe Connect)
- Advanced computer skills (Current Microsoft & Apple OS, Microsoft Office, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Google Applications)
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner
- Strong customer service focus; commitment to faculty and student satisfaction and success
- Ability to work day, evening and/or weekend hours to support classroom sessions at peak times
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change;
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment, and eagerness for continual improvement of the 2U vision
- Previous account management experience preferred
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.