What We’re Looking For:
The main purpose of the role is to deliver on the editorial quality assurance of short course content, ensuring alignment with quality standards and styles of the university and 2U. The role is focused on editing and proofreading written and multimedia course content, as well as conducting quality assurance of editing and proofreading work performed by other members of the team. This is a fixed term contract position.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Edit and proofread written and multimedia course content according to internal quality frameworks and university standards.
- Conduct quality assurance of team members’ work to ensure quality standards are met, and arrange or facilitate training as needed to address any gaps or areas for improvement.
- Recommend and implement improvements to department processes, with a focus on quality and efficiency.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 1+ years’ experience in a copy-editing role.
- A university qualification in linguistics, English, Journalism, publishing, law or similar, completed in English.
- Excellent written skills, including thorough knowledge of grammar, syntax, spelling, and punctuation; and comfort working with both UK and US conventions.
- Highly skilled in using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organisational skills: ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a high-pressured environment.
- Good interpersonal skills to facilitate training.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Editing and/or proofreading professional certification preferred.
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- This is a fixed-term contract.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 1 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.