What We’re Looking For:
The Academic Lead is responsible for presentation coordination, operational administration and execution as it relates to the presentation delivery team function, as well as presentation delivery team support. In addition to identifying resourcing and contraction requirements of facilitation team members to support presentation delivery where appropriate, the Academic Lead is indirectly responsible for an exceptional customer experience through internal and external stakeholder management. This includes monitoring contractor service level outcomes on select presentations.
The Academic Lead supports management in executing and refining processes through constant process evaluation, and is accountable for ensuring effective roll-out and adherence to internal and interdepartmental processes.
This is a fixed-term contract role.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
High Quality Course Delivery
- Prepare all presentation related resources related to academic management before go-live date, this includes managing contractor allocations on a per-presentation basis.
- Perform presentation quality assurance functions during all phases of the presentation (e.g. presentation evaluation and reporting).
- Maintain oversight and delivery management of module and final results grades releases ensuring that the required deadlines are met. This includes holding Head Tutors/Learning Facilitators accountable and managing effective interdepartmental communication regarding results releases. Manage the sign-off process of provisional and final results with the Head Tutor in line with the wrap-up process.
- Coordinate and execute academic integrity processes, including grading compliance, plagiarism, final results approval, appeals and change of results as per the required timelines.
- Schedule and coordinate live sessions and contact sessions ensuring that all internal and external stakeholders have sufficient notice to perform their function at the required time.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of our online learning platform, systems and short course delivery to swiftly diagnose and escalate queries.
- Channel presentation delivery team feedback to course design, production and presentation teams, and programme management relating to academic management and content.
- Ensure timely and excellent support and query management is available to presentation delivery teams to ensure a world class customer experience.
- Proactively look for opportunities to improve the support provided to internal and external stakeholders during the presentation of courses.
- Monitor presentation and facilitator deliverable management and action improvements where there are deviations from target.
- Ensure adherence to internal and interdepartmental processes and procedures for presentation delivery.
- Investigate presentation delivery incidents (e.g., grading deadline non-conformance) and escalate reporting in-line with the Incident Management Policy.
- Implement presentation delivery communication strategies that align with course-specific Learning Design Plans, University Partner requirements and GetSmarter’s brand principles.
- Managing resourcing and allocating for presentations by collaborating with the Academic Recruitment Team to kick off recruitment within the stipulated time frame to ensure a fully-resourced facilitation team to support presentation student numbers.
- Guide production teams during the course design phase during design consideration meetings by informing them of student and facilitator behaviour and engagement during the presentation phase.
- Compile end-of-course reports by presentation and ensure reporting is completed by your team members when required and engage in UPLT biweekly Huddles to discuss presentation metrics and considerations to work towards continuous improvement.
- Execute course-specific facilitation team and UP stakeholder/convenor communication for new and existing courses and ensure that it aligns with course design, university terminology and brand.
External Stakeholder Delivery Management
- Schedule and support presentation delivery teams' role requirements, through induction sessions with new facilitation team members on Online Campus navigation and functionality, academic processes, university policies, and good practices related to online facilitation and engagement.
- Conduct presentation delivery team requirement management of deliverables and adhering to SLAs.
- Initiate remuneration negotiations through collaboration with the Director of Academic Strategy and Academic Contracting Team.
- Relationship management with facilitation team members and active effort to improve quality of facilitation, engagement and feedback as it pertains to deliverable management.
Company Wide Involvement
- Prepare and attend daily stand up and bi-weekly meetings.
- Active participation in and implementation of selected strategic projects to enhance the academic management function/processes.
- Attend interdepartmental meetings relevant to presentation execution.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- Relevant tertiary qualification.
- At least 3 years applicable work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Google Suite and Salesforce advantageous.
- Knowledge of the edtech industry and/or academic management experience (beneficial).
- Some contract management and/or project management skills (beneficial).
Other Attributes That Will Help You In This Role:
- Fast paced and high-pressure work environment requires Academic Leads to be adaptable to fluctuating task situations and demands.
- The nature of the work requires good online comprehension.
- In addition, the team intensive nature of the work tasks requires the AL to maintain good working relationships with colleagues so as to ensure that the teams in which they reside is able to operate as a well-oiled machine.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with coffee from our in-house barista. We have other in-house perks like subsidised healthy meals, a gym with free yoga sessions and social events all year round. We celebrate special milestones like birthdays and workaversaries, truly showing that #RelationshipsMatter.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package for fixed-term employees:
- 1 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.