What We’re Looking For:
As part of a small and dedicated engineering team consisting of Salesforce and Ruby on Rails developers you will be responsible for implementation and operation of business domain products. The Customer Operations engineering team maintains a variety of services that enable frictionless business processes, servicing students and internal stakeholders alike.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Responsible for the integrity of the business domain products in your charge.
- Ensure that best practices are followed.
- Research, design, implement and maintain enterprise architecture.
- Work with business to clarify and define requirements.
- Responsible for the quality of code produced by team members.
- Ensure code is thoroughly tested.
- Responsible for uptime and monitoring.
- Proactively look for improvements and handle implementation.
- Provide feedback on technical performance.
- Assist with technical interviews.
- Coach developers through complex issues.
- Communicate progress effectively with team members and business stakeholders.
- Make sure best practices are followed by team members.
- Work with juniors to break up tasks into smaller pieces.
- Drive solutions when maintenance issues arise.
- Understand the domain for which you are responsible.
- Work with business to understand their goals and strategy.
- Understand who our users are and what is important to them.
- Help guide business when making technical decisions.
- Manage ambiguity around tasks.
- Lead the company's values.
- Promote continuous self-improvement.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- ± 5 - 10 years development experience.
- Experience in Salesforce development (Apex, SOQL & VisualForce).
- Experience with a statically typed language (such as Java or C#).
- Solid experience with object oriented programming principles.
- Experience with RESTful APIs.
- Familiar with Linux command-line, source control and continuous integration.
- Experience with the following technologies will be an advantage:
- Lightning Web Components,
- Salesforce DevOps tools (such as Gearset or Copado).
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
2U is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year
- Subsidised medical aid with Discovery
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.