Summary of Job:
The Applicant Specialist is responsible for managing the full cycle of the application complete process for prospective students applying to 2U powered programs. Per University and Program requirements, the candidate is responsible for all facets of the application submit to complete process including, but not limited to, thorough application audit, transcript audit, GPA Calculation, conditional verification, Internal audit evaluation, Faculty review preparations and both internal and external stakeholder communication. The candidate is responsible for timely and accurate completed applications that may have multiple deadlines at a high volume, for a variety of programs within the team.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting an accurate and thorough audit of all submitted applications, corresponding application items and conditions by verifying program requirement eligibility in order to complete, ensuring alignment with all Federal and State compliance and University standards. (25%)
- Without error, enter the applicant's grade point average and relevant transcript data into 2 U's internal system of record (Salesforce), based on university guidelines. Calculate individual transcript grade point average and overall grade point average by transcribing directly from the transcript to salesforce and/or extrapolating specific courses, credits and points into a single location to complete calculations for multiple schools. Post complete, ownership of grade point average reconciliation, per program requirements. (25%)
- Primary ownership to prepare the final application for faculty admissions review, while presenting the most accurate and complete package that best represents the prospective student. Per University and partner policy, appropriately assign completed application that is pending review to Faculty partners for admissions decision.(20%)
- Expected to communicate professionally and proactively as an Internal liaison and key stakeholder throughout the application life cycle with admissions and program operations as it relates to applicants within the application pipeline that have not yet completed regarding opportunities and/or challenges. (15%)
- When applicable, communicate externally with applicants and/or applicant recommenders, in collaboration with the Admissions team,by collecting missing application items to expedite the submit to complete cycle time. (15%)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (required)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a service-oriented, administrative role, within a professional office setting
- Professional verbal and written communication
- Experienced with managing confidential and sensitive documentation
- Can showcase prioritization skills and time management with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
- Proven ability to multitask and manage complex processes end to end while under pressure to meet critical deadlines
- Knowledge in navigating basic Microsoft Office and G Suite applications
- Experience with Salesforce or any electronic Customer Relationship Management system (preferred)
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles' Fair Chance Ordinance.