What We're Looking For:
The Senior Director of Career Success works with a team of Career Success Specialists to provide white glove career development, education and resources to 2U powered program students representing each university brand in order to equip students/graduates with the tools they need to achieve their career goals.
As the leader of a high-performing, specialized team, the Senior Director, Career Success drives strategy that promotes mission visibility, improved efficiency, and ever increasing effectiveness that re-defines excellence for career support in higher education. This includes, but is not limited to, enhanced 1:1 coaching, group sessions, guest speakers, third party technologies, robust asynchronous content, use of data and AI to drive meaningful engagement, and development of a 2U supported alumni program.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the department vision and strategy to deliver best-in-class, data-informed, career resources that drive high caliber service and outcomes for 2U program students and graduates.
- Provide direct management, coaching, evaluation, development and ongoing support to a team of Career Success Specialists; building the team to include a scalable management structure. Foster a culture of engagement, excellence, and growth.
- Collaborate with internal and external leaders regarding current and future career support. Act as a career ambassador to leaders across 2U and with university leaders, representing Career Success needs, processes, and objectives knowledgeably and authoritatively.
- Launch and drive new innovative approaches in technology and current success practices to support students' career readiness and planning. Operate as a thought leader in driving key career metrics and satisfaction across the enterprise by collaborating with 2U departments who impact the student career experience.
- Along with the Data Science and Operations teams, interpret, synthesize, and coordinate data management and reporting on all career engagement activities, including publications related to this data.
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
- 10+ years’ experience directly managing employees
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment
- Focused on achieving defined results, and exceeding goals and objectives
- Experience translating data to actionable insights and operational improvements
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong attention to detail, adherence to deadlines, and excellent follow through
- Ability to think critically and identify potential issues before they arise
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent listener balanced with ability to challenge colleagues constructively and stimulate a culture of thinking and feedback in others
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.