The Senior Benefits Analyst is an integral member of the 2U Benefits Team. We are looking for an individual who sees the passion about transforming higher education and wants to join an innovative and creative team that is not afraid to admit their love of excel or all things data and enjoys finding a way to make 2U’s benefits package even better.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
This individual will work on various benefit projects to monitor effectiveness and provide recommendations and solutions while serving as an expert on 2U’s benefit plans.
- Provide administrative, transactional, and analytical support for the operations of 2U’s benefit plans
- Serve as the teams subject matter expert on administration, compliance, vendor management, and reporting
- Assists with annual plan audits, regulatory reporting and compliance testing
- Manage and execute the ongoing transfer of eligibility, coverage and participant details between 2U and its benefit plan vendors
- Manage day-to-day administration of 2U’s 401(k) retirement plan, including knowledge of applicable IRS & DOL rules
- Leads retirement-related initiatives and special projects
- Assists with updates and maintenance of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Participates in and utilizes external industry benefit surveys to collect and analyze information to determine company’s competitive position and making recommendations
- Partner with the HR Business Partners and Department / Sub-Department Leads on benefits related matters
- Advocates cross-department and functional communication and support driving total rewards initiatives and projects
- Provide support and other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3-5 years of progressive HR experience including strong background in benefits
- Strong data and analytical skills
- Experience in U.S. regulatory and compliance matters (other countries desirable)
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to benefit programs, company policies and operations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work in quickly-changing environment
- Must be a self-starter and comfortable in an energetic, collaborative, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
- Acquisition experience (preferred)
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter®, are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row®, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.