Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Platform engineer - Android
2K’s Cat Daddy studio, based in Kirkland, Washington, was started 25+ years ago by industry veterans and is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive within the 2K Label. The studio is a fun, dedicated family of incredibly hardworking game developers. We have shipped games on almost every genre and platform, with a current focus on mobile games.
What We Need:
Cat Daddy Games is looking for an experienced Android Programmer to join our team in Kirkland, WA. As an Android Programmer, you will partner with other Platform team members in designing and implementing some of the core technology that powers our mobile games. This includes working on Android platform features and tools, as well as optimizing performance and ensuring compatibility with a wide range of devices.
What You Will Do:
- Design, develop, debug, and deliver Android OS platform features for the studio’s mobile game titles
- Maintain and update Android SDKs, NDKs, platform features, and our build environment
- Investigate, root cause, and fix bugs
- Identify and provide solutions for performance issues
- React timely to critical product bugs to ensure our products ship on time while maintaining high quality standards
- Identify and communicate technical and developmental risks and generate solutions to overcome those risks
- Participate in team processes, planning, agile practices, and peer code reviews
- Collaborate with Management, CoreTech, Tools and Game team members as needed, maintaining open communication to enhance development efficiency. Quickly adapting as project needs evolve.
Who We Believe Will Be a Good Fit:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related subject and/or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of professional Android Development experience preferably with a shipped title
- Proven software development experience preferably in gaming. Mobile game development experience is a plus!
- Working experience developing software on the Android platform
- Some iOS would be a plus!
- Java programming experience
- Experience with Android SDK/NDK, REST, JSON, 3rd Party libraries and APIs
- Proficiency in C++ and the Standard Template Library (STL) container classes and algorithms
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Python, Powershell, DOS Batch files and/or Bash shell scripts
- Strong debugging skills
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Experience programming, testing, debugging, shipping, and maintaining mass market software
- Understanding of game architecture, graphics, audio, input, output, networking, and file systems
- Ability to understand, maintain, enhance and/or refactor an existing code base
- Proven ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Self-driven, able to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Enthusiastic about learning and working with newly released devices and the latest versions of Android
Additional Desired Experience:
- Unreal Engine experience
- Experience with VR development
- Coding Java Native Interface (JNI) bindings
- Programming and debugging Mobile (Android/iOS) and PC libraries and applications
- Publishing software through Google Play and/or the Amazon Android App Store
- Working with the Google+ or GameCircle APIs as well as Google and/or Amazon in-app purchase APIs
- Experience with MixPanel, Adjust, Couchbase, Elasticsearch, IronSource, Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
- Programming command line utilities in Python
- Familiar with Perforce, Helix ALM, Swarm, Jira
At Cat Daddy, we believe diversity of experience is fundamental to crafting accessible and fun gaming experiences for *all* of our players. We encourage everyone to consider being a part of our team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request accommodation. By clicking on the link below, you consent to the processing of your personal information by 2K Games, Inc. and its affiliate Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. in accordance with the Privacy Notice for Job Applicants (the “Privacy Notice”), available at https://www.2k.com/applicantprivacypolicy/. The Notice provides information about how we use your data and how you can exercise your right of access, rectification or deletion. If you need more information, please contact the Privacy Contact identified in the Notice.
I have read the Notice consent to the collection, processing, transfer and use of my personal information by 2K Games and Take-Two
The pay range for this position in Washington at the start of employment is expected to be between $95,000 and $140,000 per Year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards and eligibility to participate in our 401(K) plan, in addition to a full range of medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees will also receive 14 paid holidays per calendar year, are eligible to earn a minimum of 15 days of vacation leave per year (subject to proration based on start date during the calendar year) and will receive 10 sick days per calendar year. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.