Who We Are:
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, 31st Union, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, 2K PGA, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Quarry, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Marvel’s Midnight Suns, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We encourage ALL applicants to explore our global positions, even if they don’t meet every requirement for the role. If you're interested in the job and think you have what it takes to work at 2K, we encourage you to apply!
What We Need:
2K is looking for an experienced Marketing Manager in Japan - someone who has worked mobile and F2P industry with emphasis on servicing RPG/Sports games with strategic sense and strong product knowledge, local market insights, and ownership to lead the assigned game titles. This role requires strong capabilities to formulate solid Integrated marketing campaigns composed of branding, user acquisition, influencer, and social strategies with ROI discipline.
You are expected to know our product and our competitors’ products intimately; what they do today and what they plan to do in the future, to develop the most compelling marketing strategies and actions, as well as contribute and influence our product strategy.
You will be responsible for formulating long term growth strategy of the titles you are responsible with effort of making metrics-based performance evaluation of all the marketing campaigns conducted under your responsibilities.
- Become the project marketing lead for the titles and responsible for the business performance for the titles you are assigned.
- Formulate long term and annual growth strategies for the franchise
- Manage budget allocated to the game title with ROI discipline and metrics-based performance evaluation for postmortem analysis
- Collaborate with other fellow Asia marketing teams for combined GTM objective set within Asia marketing
- Be the expert on our player - who are they, their needs and passions, how they buy, to not only input to our product development but guide the marketing strategy and prioritized executional development.
- Be an expert on our competition, how they are positioned to ensure we have a clear differentiation in our offerings and communications.
- Able to formulate solid Integrated Marketing Campaigns (IMC) for launch and post-launch live operations
- Detect new marketing opportunities and take the initiative and be opportunistic with agile attitude.
- Read and analyze industry intel and revise and formulate effective competitive strategies for the title the person is responsible for
- Always on leading side of change management for marketing practice innovation
- Work with finance team and other relevant stakeholders for quarterly and annual business review, forecast and goals.
- Be the resourceful marketer with efficiency with high level of cost control discipline when spending budget or OPEX related costs
- Monitor daily business pulse from various input sources (data, news, intel, consumer research result, community sentiment, etc.) and analyze and come up with solutions
- Manage marketing agencies and vendors.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- You are a marketing manager who is strategic and possesses deep thinking skills with a holistic perspective.
- Passionate and enthusiastic to take on challenges to grow 2K’s market presence in Japan.
- The ideal candidate must be a person, who thrives on complicated problem solving with innovative and creative thought.
- Armed with strong product and genre knowledge especially Role-Playing Games with deep understanding of live-ops capability of such genre
- Deep insight on Japan game market and understanding of Japanese user behavior based on platform and genre.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in game software or relevant B2C content/entertainment business industry
- A person with strong stakeholder management skill to provide visibility, transparency and alignment would be a great fit as this role requires a lot of communication on various level.
- Ownership as a project lead for the titles the person is responsible for
- Ability to formulate marketing strategy based on the product insights and market knowledge
- Ability to explain local insights or business rationale in form of business case, PowerPoint presentation, e-mail and group call to regional stakeholders outside of Japan
- Ability to track performance of game titles the person is responsible for and revise and suggest ad hoc plan to maximize the result
- Strategic sense and ability to formulate long term plan with holistic understanding
- Understands the financial aspects behind the operations of a company
- ROI discipline when conducting any marketing campaign
- Attitude of “learn and grow” through “trial and error”
- Ability to create scientific postmortem and performance analysis on previous campaigns
- Data-driven analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Japanese
- Strong excel (coding level) & mathematical proficiency for post-mortem and analysis
- Affinity and knowledge to Japanese subcultures (Anime, Manga, Pixiv, Cosplay, NicoNico, etc.)
- Knowledge on related entertainment industry that is connected with game industry
- Strong team player with an outgoing personality