Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms. Include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building, and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, problem solvers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
About Our Internships
2K’s summer internships are paid internship opportunities, 10 weeks long, focused on both functional and professional growth. Internships include weekly learning sessions with senior leadership, networking opportunities, and fun and engaging projects that have real-world impact.
2K’s summer internship program runs June through August at our 2K Publishing HQ in Novato, California. The internship program is open to all U.S residents who are students at the time of internship. The pace is fast, the atmosphere is fun, and we’ll push and challenge you to learn and grow beyond anything you’d expect. It’s truly a unique and rewarding experience.
What We Need
We are looking for an Intern to join our Label Strategy team this Summer. This role will help perform market and business analysis, and to frame up and structure strategic initiatives for the Label.
This role is pivotal in helping provide analysis and insights, which set 2K’s strategic direction for the future. We are looking for someone with an agile mindset capable of:
- Conducting research on the industry, market trends, and competitors to remain abreast of, and to communicate developments, that could affect our strategy; recommends strategy shifts and identifies emerging opportunities
- Analysis and storytelling – distilling and analyzing data into clear, actionable insights that can be understood and acted upon by stakeholders
- Working cross-functionally on high-impact strategic projects impacting our Publishing business and Product Portfolio
- Leveraging written and verbal communication skills to visualize data, convey difficult concepts simply, and make recommendations to senior leadership
Understanding of the video game landscape is key as the Label Strategy team provides market research and insights to the organization.
What Will Make You a Great Fit
- You love games and learning about the broader gaming and digital media industries
- Experience / Interest in Strategy, Consulting, Banking, or Business Operations
- You take ownership over projects and problems, and drive to conclusions
- You are a strategic thinker who can break problems down and think ‘big picture’
- Passion for leveraging data and analysis to provide recommendations and actionable insights (primarily excel, although proficiency on SQL / Python is a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communicator that understands how to simplify complex topics
- You create great chemistry with others, are purposeful and dedicated with your energy, and raise everyone’s game around you. You prize team success over individual achievement
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $25 and $35 per hour. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.