Who We Are
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Let gameplay drive decision making
Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
Maintain an environment where people are happy
Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
Put effort where it pays off the most
What You Will Do:
Firaxis is looking for an experienced, passionate, and empathetic Executive Producer (EP) to partner and collaborate closely with the Creative Director, overseeing the development of our highly valuable IP. In this role, you will lead and empower a large development team while supporting a healthy and collaborative team culture from the earliest stages of the project through launch and post launch.
The EP will have outstanding communication and teamwork skills and will oversee the roadmap, successful planning and execution for the IP and projects, translating the development needs into efficient pipelines and production strategies. Working with FXS leadership the EP will evaluate and provide input on new franchise opportunities, SKU and platform development, entry into new markets, licensing, and marketing opportunities that help drive franchise performance.
Pairing with the Creative Director the EP will be responsible for communicating the franchise and product vision to key stakeholders and team members as well as be a direct line of communication to our publisher. The EP will articulate and champion the vision to 3 rd parties, the media and other external parties as needed.
- Accountable for product quality. Ensures that game features and functionality support creative pillars and strategic goals.
- Build and preserve a healthy and creative environment. Motivate and empower the team and help ensure they are reaching their goals collectively as a team and as individuals.
- Work with Firaxis leadership team to formulate strategies and operating plans for the development team and executes or adjusts the operating plans based on performance or changes in market plans
- Oversees and directs the work of the production team consisting of managing and review of direct reports/senior leads. Manages and mentors members of the production team.
- Assist in creating and sustaining related budgets and cost forecasts for each project.
- Partner with supporting functional teams, including marketing, publishing, licensing, finance, customer service and quality assurance
- Recognize and contribute to company goals and core values while bringing a collaborative and positive approach to all project related activities
- Create schedules with internal and external teams/team leads and with executive management
- Work with Development Director to manage projects to schedule, highlighting task priorities, departmental interdependencies, and resource issues/risks.
- Comprehend and strategize for all project deliverables, including internally and externally required build and marketing/PR needs.
- Detects production issues and conflicts between schedule, cost, and project scope targets and offering solutions.
- Typically has 10 or more years of experience with 5 or more years of management experience.
- Proven experience leading and shipping AAA PC and console games.
- Has managed production staff directly
- Has been a key contributor to multiple game projects
- A passion for games and game development
- Strong understanding of video game development and the video game market as a whole
- Ability to identify and recommend improvements to the development process
- Ability to negotiate and form consensus, define and drive action items.
- Demonstrable ability to develop complex project roadmaps and staffing plans
- Experience defining and implementing development processes
- Skilled at clearly and concisely communicating information across large, distributed teams as well as keeping external groups notified of change
- Skilled in JIRA, MS and Google Office Suites; Excel and Google Sheets in particular.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to mentor others
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and have strong prioritization skills
- Must be punctual, proactive, and have a strong work ethic
- Able to work in a team environment
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Full time employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.