Fixed Term Contract up to 3 years with potential to extend
Who We Are:
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet including NBA 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, and more. The Technology organization at 2K is a centralized team delivering Information Technology, Security, and Software Engineering solutions that enable our studios to develop these amazing games and maximize the enjoyment of fans around the world.
What We Need:
2K Publishing Tech delivers innovative solutions to our studios and supports all their technology needs to ensure they can focus on building incredible games. The Technical Project Coordinator is a junior-level position for those looking to apply their project management skills to the gaming industry. We are looking for someone with experience managing technical infrastructure deployment projects, including tracking milestones, risks, issues, and dependencies across a variety of projects. Documentation including note taking, action item tracking, and status update summaries along with managing team meetings will be critical. We need someone with strong interpersonal and organizational skills to navigate our complex and fast-paced environment. Perhaps most importantly, we need someone with a passion for getting things done.
What You Will Do:
- Establish, maintain, and drive delivery against multiple Technical Infrastructure projects.
- Monitor project progress to ensure projects remain on track and communicate when things look like they might miss deadlines. You will be responsible for identifying project objectives and ensuring that they’re met.
- Partner with leads to capture project scope, meeting minutes, action items, risks, and issues. Know when to escalate issues and who to involve when things need to get done.
- Proactively identify, track, and drive resolution of blocking issues.
- Maintain project status in Jira for organization-level reporting.
- Drive risk mitigation and issue resolution through your relationships and action-based instincts.
- Establish and lead regular partner syncs.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
You are passionate about building and deploying technology and bringing complex projects to fruition. You understand what it means to bring organization in a fast-paced environment that is minimally disruptive. You are interested in exploring diverse infrastructure technologies and have a drive to understand how they function and interact. You consider excellence in communication to be one of, if not your strongest asset across all mediums.
- Experience managing technical infrastructure and technology deployment projects in both data center and cloud environments
- Knowledge of basic network and systems principals (OSI model, bootstrapping systems, datacenter physical topology, etc.)
- High school diploma + 5 years work experience, or BA/BS or equivalent in STEM or software-related fields
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in GSuite
- Demonstrated strategic planning, facilitation, or presentation
- Demonstrated ability to influence and drive consensus