Director of Product Live Services, New IP
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
We are looking for a Director of Product Live Services to join the 2K Product & Live Services Core Games team. As a Director of Product Live Services, you will bring data-driven player and product insights to shape our player engagement, growth, retention, and commercial strategies. You will work closely with studio and product leadership to develop, guide, execute, and optimize the Live Services strategies that support the creative vision for our new IPs.
What You Will Do
- Closely collaborate with studio and Publishing teams to define Live Services product & business strategy for two unannounced projects, including:
- Build clear and actionable product recommendations (e.g., in-game store, events, messaging, personalization, progression systems, economy, and post-launch content), which maximize engagement, retention, and lifetime value in harmony with franchise objectives & player expectations. Effectively communicate to studio and publishing stakeholders for implementation
- Use data, insights, and user testing to build deep understanding of player segments and lifecycle, onboarding and first-time user experience, and conversion motivations
- Establish goals and benchmarks to measure player base health and business performance. Track, analyze, and deliver consolidated updates on live service performance to studio, publishing, and leadership teams
- Define telemetry needs, KPIs, reporting, and analyses needed to develop insights into player behaviors in partnership with Analytics team. Analyze data and translate to insights and strategies that enable us to meet / exceed core franchise targets
- Build holistic messaging, campaign, and upsell strategies in collaboration with Performance Marketing and development teams to ensure engagement and conversion
- Partner with Growth Strategy team to build strategies for pricing, in-game promotions, SKUs, and content
- Market Intelligence – Deliver research and thought-leadership on live services industry landscape, trends, competitor products, and best practices to help us grow and evolve our thinking
- Be the Product Expert – Champion 2K Product Live Services, share insights, processes, and lessons learned with other studio & publishing teams
- Be the Player Advocate – Understand and advocate for the player’s perspective to ensure development of fair and balanced engagement & monetization models that empower customer choice and value for time
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Data-informed decision maker with ability to balance business priorities, customer perspective, resource, capacity, and partner needs
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to simplify, structure, and communicate information for all levels of the organization
- Team player who seeks to build alignment and has experience collaborating across diverse teams
- 7+ years of experience including product management, production, live ops, game design, or other related field. Experience working on AAA or Free-to-Play games with live services content and rapid iteration loops
- Strong understanding of live services mechanics and strategies across AAA genres and franchises in the market today (both premium and free-to-play)
- Ability to create clarity when there is ambiguity
- Experience identifying, communicating, managing, and mitigating risks
- Passion for games and ability to understand and deconstruct what makes a successful live game
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau (SQL double plus)
- Experience shipping AAA or Free-to-Play games with live services content
- Demonstrable strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, business analysis, and data-informed decision-making capabilities
- Be proficient with business intelligence tools working closely with analytics and services through an always learning mindset
The pay range for this position in California at the start of employment is expected to be between $90,000 and $135,000 per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an 'at-will position' and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.