Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
- GAMEPLAY FIRST
- Let gameplay drive decision making
- BE ACCOUNTABLE
- Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
- PEOPLE FOCUSED
- Maintain an environment where people are happy
- EMBRACE ENTHUSIASM
- Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
- WORK SMART
- Put effort where it pays off the most
We are looking for an experienced Creative producer to work alongside our Game design team to help foster and empower the creation and development of world class strategy games. In support of the creative team and product leadership, this experienced producer will combine creative, business and technical needs into a unified set of strategic goals for the project. You’ll collaborate, communicate and support our design talent and work across discipline to own schedules, understand dependencies and communicate status, risks and opportunities. You’ll work with the team to ensure the highest quality execution against key deliverables while looking to improve processes and outcomes when and where needed.
What You Will Do:
- Own the team schedule - partner with leads to establish a long-term roadmap and appropriate pipelines and delivery schedules.
- Communicate across project providing transparency on design goals, status and changes ensuring dependencies are known and accounted and risks are understood and mitigation plans are put in place.
- Provide the tools and the process to empower our creative teams to deliver new features and gameplay experiences to delight our fans.
- Work closely with internal and external teams to manage budgets ensuring your team has the resources needed to accomplish their goals.
Who Will be a Great Fit:
- 5+ years of experience working in the game industry specifically AAA production and creative/design production
- Experiencing managing large teams
- Proven track record of working in a fast paced, creative environment.
- Experience with current gaming trends in RPG and narrative driven games
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Full time employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.