Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of groundbreaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the globe. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products. Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016. Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space.
We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year. Fulltime employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays
What We Need:
Sid Meier is looking to hire an expert, Lead/Sr. Producer to work with our creative talent. As a Lead Producer at Firaxis, you will be responsible for helping our talented and passionate developers achieve their vision! You will drive your team to a specific set of goals, track and lead progress, remove roadblocks and ultimately be responsible for shipping the most successful and extraordinary strategy games in the market! We seek the ultimate multi-tasker, team builder and project leader.
What You Will Do:
- Assist Product leadership team in execution of creative and technical vision for our games.
- Ensure that game features and functionality support creative and business goals.
- Handle and own the team across field to ensure team goals and production values are met while keeping projects on schedule and within budget.
- Work with team Leads to determine resources vital to complete projects.
- Schedule and be responsible for day-to-day tasking of departmental and interdisciplinary teams including sprint and backlog planning and management.
- Proactively identify and communicate changes in scope, priority or direction while understanding and articulating the impact on schedule and quality to the Executive Producer and Leads.
- Establish, maintain and improve relationships with internal and external resources including collaboration with 2KPD, Quality Assurance and Creative Services.
- Mentor, assist and help direct producers or associate producers on team.
- Be passionate about video games (especially strategy games), and knowledgeable about industry and product trends.
Who Will Be A Great Fit:
- 4+ years of experience working in production where you have lead development teams that have shipped PC/Console AAA titles.
- Experience building and being a phenomenal partner with vendors and other external resources
- Experience handling conflict, mitigating, and resolving risks
- Understanding of various production processes and methodologies
- Experience display resourcefulness, passion, and self-motivation
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management
- Adept at establishing relationships throughout the organization
- Ability to lead to and deliver on hard product deadlines with rapid development cycles while being the guardian over product quality in all phases of game development from concept to completion
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.