Senior Concept Artist
Firaxis Games is looking for an exceptionally skilled and experienced Senior Concept Artist to work with one of our AAA project teams. As a Senior Concept Artist, you will work closely with the Project Art Director and Lead Concept Artist to establish the visual look and feel of the project. The ideal candidate must have the ability to imagine, visualize, and render both their own ideas and those of their coworkers and be highly self-motivated and capable of self-direction when needed.
- Assist Art Director and team with establishing the visual style for production art
- Work with the Art Director to maintain consistent artistic style.
- Create 2D callouts and other production designs for assets.
- Actively participate in artistic and technical problem solving.
- Take responsibility for developing large sections, systems, or entire categories of content as directed by the Art Director or Lead Concept Artist and handle interactions with other departments related to these responsibilities.
- Identify inefficiencies in the concept-to-production process and formulate resolutions independently.
- Produce a wide range of highly creative character, creature, hard surfaced and environment concept art and shift between subjects with minimal adjustment time.
- Produce art beyond concept as needed to help finish or promote the project (marketing renders, process illustrations, user interface art, in game signage and deco, etc).
- Implement assets in engine as needed.
- Contribute to multiple projects (entirely different games) and shift quickly and easily between them on demand with minimal adjustment time to adopt defined stylistic differences.
- Mentor and guide junior artists and interns assisting in the assignment of tasks and working in a co-development capacity as directed by the Lead Concept Artist.
- Communicate clearly with designers, artists, and programmers.
- Produce assets on schedule, meeting or exceeding team quality metrics.
- Minimum 5 years of game industry experience.
- Excellent rendering and design skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt to established styles.
- Understanding of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective, anatomy, draftsmanship, and color theory.
- Digital illustration skills with an advanced understanding of Photoshop, Painter, Clip Studio, etc.
- Strong grasp of design principles such as shape design, contrast, form, composition, and distribution and purpose of detail.
- Self-managing — organized with good time management. Must be able to identify and meet goals.
- Portfolio must demonstrate versatility and strong environment design skills.
- Knowledge of 3D software as it pertains to the concept process is a plus (Zbrush, Max, Maya, Blender, Keyshot, Octane, Vray, etc).
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a great team-player.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
- A passion for making games.
- Must have current U.S. work authorization.
- Relocation assistance provided (open to remote)
- Flexible work hours (including hybrid work options)
- Family friendly work environment
- And more!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use Firaxis.com or 2K.com accounts.