Junior Marketing Manager UK/IE and Export
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, PGA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavour to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Reporting into the Senior Marketing Manager for Export & UK/IE, the Junior Marketing Manager will be responsible for the execution of product marketing plans in relation to multi-format videogame releases.
The Junior Marketing Manager will be responsible for ensuring plans are implemented on time and on budget across 2K Export & UK/IE markets, in conjunction with 2K’s contracted distributors & agencies.
- Planning and execution of product marketing plans in relation to multi-format videogame releases. Plans should be in line with local strategies, global strategies and tailored to various local market needs as required, including working with distributors/agencies to ensure relevant and impactful marketing activity for each allocated title. All plans should incorporate the full marketing mix, as well as strategy, product positioning and marketing tactics
- Work alongside the Senior Manager to position allocated products in the marketplace, identifying key market segments and providing relevant reports and analyses, competitor analyses/risk analyses etc.
- Navigate territory nuances alongside distributors, agencies & sales teams to ensure relevant and impactful trade marketing activity is in place across the region.
- Track and manage marketing budgets effectively, allocating to agencies / distributors for maximum impact, ensuring all approvals are sought and obtained
- Product lifecycle management. Work with agencies and inhouse analytics teams to identify and highlight opportunities and provide relevant reports (audience segmentation, competitor analyses, risk analyses)
- Work with the sales, go to market and global marketing teams to understand changes in consumer spending and habits. Highlight any shifts needed in the budget & marketing activity across the territory to optimise the spend and the creative.
- Effective working across internal and external creative resources to develop high quality, impactful marketing assets & plans, ensure timely and accurate delivery of materials
- Work alongside relevant third party suppliers and agencies to develop and implement effective cross-promotion marketing activity, ensuring maximum efficiency and awareness is achieved
- Work closely with PR, Social & Influencer Managers to maximize community engagement and ensure marketing plans and strategies link effectively across all facets of the campaigns
- Supporting the marketing team as required with administrative tasks to keep payments, budgets, forecasts and paid media activity up to date, timely and accessible to the team and wider business at all times
Building and Developing Relationships
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships and communication with external agencies/distributors, 2K GTM, Global Marketing, Global comms, and the Take Two Sales team
- Build and maintain good working relationships with external suppliers including hardware partners, promotional & media agencies.
- Become an ambassador for the 2K brand
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- 1-2 years of relevant marketing experience ideally in a similar regional role at a top tier company
- Whilst not essential, experience of marketing management across the following territories or similar would be desirable – UK&I & Export territory marketing experience (inc Middle East, Italy, Poland, Russia, Greece)
- Excellent understanding of marketing principles, planning and strategy, with demonstrable skills and effectiveness in these areas
- A portfolio that includes several successful marketing campaigns across all paid media, biddable and non-biddable
- Fairly autonomous - can be briefed and will effectively manage products & external distributors/agencies
- Demonstrable examples of the use of data analysis to guide strategic planning and audience expansion for current and new products.
- The ability to work across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration on achievement of shared goals
- Demonstrable examples of request approvals at a senior level of authority.
- A strong understanding of the commercial value of good marketing, and how it contributes to business success when integrated with PR and social media.
- Creative flair, with demonstrable examples of the management of creative, break-out campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely well organized, with strong administrational skills. An ability to multi-task is essential.
- Strong influencing skills across a wide array of internal and external stakeholders
- An interest and openness to travel for business on occasion and as required
- An agile team player, with the ability to pivot quickly from lead to support roles as required with a ‘get stuck in’ mentality
- An entrepreneurial mindset. Comfortable with ambiguity, a curiosity to test and learn and proactively find solutions to address and overcome project and business challenges