Who We Are:
We are 2K Mocap - a lean, efficient Motion Capture Studio that produces mocap, audio, and video assets for our developers and clients! We take great pride in our ability to capture, clean, solve, retarget, and deliver truly remarkable amounts of data at the highest quality. We love the art and technology of motion capture, the structure of film production, and work together as a team of true collaborators!
Situated in Petaluma, CA is our top-secret facility. Behind these low ego walls perform the greatest athletes in the NBA and WWE, as well as actors from across all media platforms for 2K’s AAA projects. Servicing some of the top talents in the world, it’s important to us that each person who comes in feels encouraged, well attended to, and comfortable. Anyone who has worked here would certainly attest to the inviting atmosphere and fun new challenges every single day brings. We foster an environment based on honesty, integrity, and the ability to pick one another up. Succeeding together is the source of our strength. Does this sound like something of interest to you?
What We Need:
Our Production Assistants are the foot soldiers of our studio, performing vital tasks both small and large onset and in the offices. Your duties may involve anything from office administration to crowd control, setting up catering, and troubleshooting call sheets. We are seeking an individual who not only has a passion for film production and video games but who excels in the areas of communication and organization, showing patience under pressure. The work is usually extremely varied and provides a good entry-level role in the video game and entertainment industry.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Greet visitors to the studio and lead the check-in process including PicPatching phones, mastering our Envoy system, and providing tours
- Coordinate crew contracts and contract storage for the Operations Manager, Payroll, and HR
- Handle incoming and outgoing packages and shipments, occasionally acting as a courier
- Assist other team members with shoot setups, scene changes, and set teardowns
- Supervise audio during shoot days, and be confident calling for quiet onset
- Be the point of contact between the stage and offices
- Provide administrative support to all mocap’s internal departments
- Manage general studio upkeep
- Coordinate with caterers and other service providers
- Participate in pre-production meetings, taking detailed minutes
- Keep the studio in tip-top shape, neat, inviting, and clean
- Participate in cross-training with the Post and Stage teams
- Use your film experience to act as Camera Operator or Grip on shoot days as needed
- Provide assistance to the Lead Producers with scheduling, sending emails, preparing Shoot Reports, and more
- Other duties as assigned
Who We Believe Will Be A Great Fit:
You love being hands-on. This job requires someone who is well organized; able to maintain several running to-dos lists at one time. They should also be flexible, at the moment, and able to think on their feet. You’re proactive, looking ahead at our shoot schedule and helping to anticipate needs. You should have strong verbal and written communication skills, capable of taking orders, and show tact and deference when vital. You’re also comfortable making genuine connections with people and creating an aura of warmth and geniality. The ideal candidate must be punctual and enthusiastic and understand the importance of taking detailed notes and recording expenditures accurately. They should be level-headed, work calmly and effectively under pressure. Production Assistants must be able to contribute to good working relationships and to create a positive atmosphere on set. They understand that no job is too small, and all work has value when contributing to an incredible product.
- Extensive previous experience as a production assistant on film sets
- Friendly, out-going, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organization abilities, preferably with project coordination experience. Very willing to take on a wide range of tasks and duties
- Ability to interact with internal peers and management as well as vendors and clients
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize assignments and proactively problem solve in order to anticipate and meet requests
- Detail and results-oriented self-starter with disciplined workflow practices. Proactive with follow-up skills and problem-solving
- Photoshop and Illustrator skills and knowledge of FTP client programs a plus
- Project management software or methodologies experience is also a plus
- Video game knowledge is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.