WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
31st Union is looking for a Senior Engine Programmer that can own major runtime systems – designing and implementing performant and maintainable solutions for our AAA multiplatform title.
- Write clean, maintainable, performant code
- Work with content and engineering partners to identify problems and validate solutions
- Factor development efforts into prioritized tasks
- Map the limitations of existing solutions and identify new solutions where required
- Profile, optimize, configure and tune for multiple platforms
- Help triage build and productivity blockers
- Model best practices and supervise junior programmers as required
Who you are:
- 5+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects is required
- Fluency in C/C++, multithreading, 3d math, and memory systems is required
- Ability to debug and optimize complex systems is required
- Ability to work independently and efficiently is required
- Experience shipping AAA game titles is strongly desired
- Functional knowledge of PS4, Xbox One, IOS and Android development tools is strongly desired
- Experience with UnrealEngine 4 is a plus
- Experience with production graphics pipelines is a plus
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community:
31st Union prides itself on the diversity of its team members, partners, and communities. For this reason, we remain committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employment relationship, from recruitment and hiring through compensation, benefits, discipline and termination. This means that employment at 31st Union depends on your substantive ability, objective qualifications and work ethic – not on your age, race (including traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), height, weight, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), alienage or citizenship status, transgender, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability (actual or perceived), medical condition, AIDS/HIV, denial of family and medical care leave, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy status, childbirth, breastfeeding (or related medical conditions), marital status or registered domestic partner status, political activity or affiliation, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, arrest record, or taking or requesting statutorily protected leaves, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are also committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the job application and/or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need to request a reasonable accommodation.