Firaxis Games, creator of acclaimed franchises; Sid Meier’s Civilization, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2 as well as home of legendary game designer, Sid Meier is looking to hire a passionate and driven associate producer to work with our creative talent and become an integral part of the team!
As an Associate producer at Firaxis, you will be responsible for assisting production in driving the processes and pipelines in support of our development teams. We seek the ultimate multi-tasker, communicator and team builder who can work and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Learn and work with production leads to assist in tracking and managing projects from concept to launch
- Assist in running small team scrums, communicate updates to all necessary team members
- Manage the flow of assets and information between teams and team members
- Keep teams informed and focused on project goals.
- Collaborate with producers and leads to determine best practices, development pipelines and resource allocation
- Identify and help remove roadblocks from development process
- Distill meeting notes into coherent task lists and assign actionable items.
- Ability to update databases/ work within Confluence to document department best practices and guidelines.
- Work with project management software (Hansoft, Jira, Shotgun) to assign, track and manage task completion
- Minimum of 2 years game development/production experience (previous AP experience a plus)
- Proficient project and people management skills
- A respect for and strong desire to learn and drive internal processes.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and within deadlines
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills including Excel and Power Point, as well as proficiency with project management software (i.e. Hansoft)
- Passion for strategy games/Firaxis developed games
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.