Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What You Will Do:
The Core Technology group is responsible for identifying common problems across the company and building solutions to those problems. We fill our team with individuals who enjoy a challenge, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and want to take ownership and responsibility for products. If you are passionate about working in the game industry and implementing cool features for our game products, come join our team.
- Design, document and code testable, scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Work with external groups to provide architecture, code feedback, strategy, and technical direction
- Mentor engineers and champion best-practices within the engineering team
- Work with product managers to capture requirements and turn them into engineering tasks
- Reduce technical debt associated with legacy applications through innovation and automation
Who We Believe Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5+ years professional experience in Java and/or Go
- Proficiency building scalable serverless and RESTful micro-services on Linux
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases at scale
- Experience with cloud providers like AWS and GCP
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Can effectively articulate sophisticated ideas to technical and non-technical audiences
- An attitude of achievement when our partners are successful
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent
- A passion for working in games
- Work with large scale services
- Solid C++ experience
- Jenkins or similar continuous deployment tools
- Experience with Perforce/Git
- OSX and Windows development knowledge
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.