Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
Experienced project manager to guide central technology software projects to effectively address the needs of multiple studios, games, external partners and publishing groups. You will process our game team needs, outline user stories, as part of an internal production team. We’re looking for someone with strong interpersonal and organizational skills to navigate our complex and fast-paced environment, with a passion for getting things done. You can thrive and succeed in a collaborative environment with a diverse set of globally distributed partners and not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
What You'll Do
- Guide delivery for multiple projects, expertly maintaining, prioritizing, and managing a backlog of evolving tasks
- Find opportunities to innovate and automate internal workflows and improve visibility across the org
- Establish clear project plans, dependencies, success criteria, and communication channels/touchpoints
- Manage internal and external resources to define and adhere to strict production schedules
- Provide thorough and timely communication on developing issues.
- Collaborate with 2K IT to ensure the smooth operation of project-specific and companywide initiatives
- Proficiency in project management principles, methodologies and tools: including Agile, Kanban, SCRUM, traditional waterfall, Jira and Confluence.
- Well-built project management skills with proven experience in a software development environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to simplify, structure, and communicate information to all levels of the organization
- Strong organizational skills with strong attention to detail and a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Adept at quickly picking up and learning new technologies and adapting to new methods and processes
- Driven, proactive, self-starter and quick learner. Never has to be asked to optimize productivity or solve a problem.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Experience developing tech for internal customers in entertainment
- Gaming industry experience, mainly working on AAA titles
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.