We are looking for a Principal Artist to join our Cloud Chamber Environment team and deliver high-quality AAA visuals. Reporting to the Lead Modeler, the Principal Artist collaborates with other team members, Leads and Directors to create very high-quality assets, materials, and environments.
In this role, you will contribute to carrying forward the artistic vision and use all your expertise to establish the visual bar for the game’s decors for the next installment of the BioShock franchise.
- Work side-by-side with Directors and Leads to carry the vision forward. Together we will set the stage for a stunning narrative and system driven experience.
- Your primary responsibility will be the creation of exemplary assets and decor libraries. We need you to set the standards and inspire our team!
- Highly contribute to the look development of many assets and set the examples for the art of the game.
- Work closely with Art Leads to ensure that the quality of the Props and Materials are up to standard and follow the vision of game’s direction
- Communicate effectively with team members to ensure consistency and compliance with gameplay constraints
- Receive and apply feedback effectively while maintaining a positive and collaborative attitude
- Share knowledge with other artists, guide and document improvements of pipelines and processes
- Use your strong knowledge of optimization and budgets for Props and Environment for a AAA first-person game using cutting edge technology
- Provide a problem-solving mindset to the team
- Set a quality bar for both in-house artists and outsourcing partners
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You love FPS games, and PBR-stylized environment is your forte! You enjoy crafting unique and detailed textures and 3D models to enhance that awesome environment concept, and you are naturally excited to learn and continuously improve your skills. You enjoy collaborating with your team, and across the artistic disciplines, you keep in mind metrics and technical requirements. You want to challenge yourself on delivering the best possible looking game for a next gen Bioshock.
- 7+ years of experience creating very high-quality environment 3D models and landmark props for AAA games and at least 1 shipped title as Senior Environment Artist or equivalent
- Experience doing Lookdev for environment and Large Props Kit
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- Solid experience on how to produce materials using Substance Designer, and build a material library for a AAA PBR game.
- Highly proficient in Maya, 3ds Max, or equivalent
- Highly skilled in Z-Brush, Marmoset, Substance Painter and Photoshop
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction
- Interest and dedication to advancing your craft, and eagerness to learn new techniques and software
*** A portfolio of your work demonstrating theses skills is required ****
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.